18

*Luke*

_ Jack! Please come out, mrs Abigail begged.

No answer. She's been doing this for like half an hour. Knocking on the door of Calum's old bedroom where mr Jack was spending his days and nights alone for the past three years.

_ Please don't do this. Peach is coming, she said her voice cracking.

Still no reply. I was standing behind her putting my hands on her shoulders to give her some kind of emotional support. She put her hand on mine looking at me in the eye almost crying. I nodded my head in silence as a sign of consolation trying to put on my best comforting smile.

_ I'm going to say this for the last time. Peach needs us! My help isn't enough. She needs you too, you're her father, she sighed.

But there was only silence.

_ For the love of god, we lost our son but we still have a fucking daughter. We shouldn't lose her! She screamed hitting the door hard and collapsed crying.

I sat down next to her trying to calm her down.

_ You're a fucking coward Jack! You're a selfish bastard! I hate you, she cried.

And just as she said that, Peach walked into the room. And she wasn't alone. I looked down at her hand where I could clearly see it was in Ashton's fucking hand. My eyes were about to pop out. I couldn't believe this. I just felt like my world was falling apart. Does this mean she spent the night with him? While I was eating my heart out trying to find her, she was getting laid? I was even blaming myself about all of this and I was ready to die if something bad happened to her because of me and what was she doing? She was sleeping with Ashton fucking Irwin. Now I was seeing red. Everything seemed so wrong, so out of place.

I was staring at their hands and I swear she caught me looking but she didn't even care.

_ Peach! Mrs Abigail exclaimed wiping away her tears and hurrying towards her.

_ Stop! Don't touch me, Peach whispered.

_ But... mrs Abigail blurted out.

_ But what mum? You lied to me! I heard that my brother died from Michael. Do you know how much that hurts? I was waiting for him to finish his tour, waiting for him to show up, any minute. Do you know how much it hurts when you know you only waited that long to find out that the person you've been looking forward to seeing again is gone? I thought we should never lie to each other. That's what you've taught me since I was a kid. But look around you mom. All of this is a lie! You're not even redoing the house! She huffed.

Mrs Abigail was about to say something then she looked at Ashton and said

_ I thought we were going to discuss this as a family

_ Well me too, but you brought Luke! Peach replied with a challenging look.

I wish I could sink into the floor before hearing those words. Not only I'm no longer her boyfriend, I'm not even family for her anymore.

_ This is rude, mrs Abigail scolded her.

_ What you said about Ashton isn't exactly nice, she said coldly.

And at that moment, the door that once was locked, opened and mr Jack surprisingly got out.