53

*Peach*
I threw on a dress real quick and I got out of the bedroom.
There was a man talking to Ashton in the living room and there was luggage in front of the door. I got closer quietly but the man noticed my presence. When he looked at me I smiled not able to ignore the fact that he looked exactly like the older version of Ashton. Same eyes, nose and lips with some wrinkles and grey hair.
_ Peach, um, this is my dad, Ash said nervously when he turned to my direction.
Holy shit! I'm meeting Ashton's dad right now. He's standing here in front of me and I look like a complete idiot, like a homeless person with my wet hair, my bare feet and this random dress I put on!
"Shut up Hood! It's not like he's your father-in-law!" My subconscious teased me.
You shut up! I blushed knowing that it's right.
_ Dad this is Peach, my girlfriend, he added and I almost gasped.
His girlfriend? Did I hear this right? My heart was pounding fast and I felt tingles in my belly. He could've said his roommate or his friend. But no! He said I was his girlfriend.
I wanted to jump and dance and stick out my tongue at my subconscious like a four-year-old kid but I only shook Mr.Irwin's hand calmly.
_ Nice to meet you, sir, I said smiling.
_ Finally, he looked at Ashton then turned to me,please call me by my name sweetie, he smiled back.
_ And now kids, I'm going to take a shower. It's been a long day and I'm tired. So, stay away from my couch. The old man here needs some rest! He added making his way to the bathroom until his voice faded.
Ashton rolled his eyes and I was fighting the urge to laugh.
_ And that was Sam Irwin everybody, he said sarcastically.
_ I liked him, I shrugged my shoulders.
_ Oh! I see why he came here! He raised an eyebrow and took a few steps towards me, slowly...
_ He came here to steal you from me, he added between two breaths and I had the goosebumps as I felt his body against mine and his hands encircling my waist.
I love it when he's in a playful mood.
_ Well I guess he got what he wanted, I teased him.
He frowned and I laughed.
_ I love your laugh. I love its sound. I love the way it makes you look... You should laugh more often, he whispered touching my nose lightly with his.
_ Lucky you I usually laugh when you're with me, I confessed.
_ Is that true? He asked surprised tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.
Why does he seem surprised? Does he really not know what effect he has on me?
I nodded confirming everything I said and I noticed a ghost of a smile on his lips but it soon disappeared as it never existed and he pulled away shaking his head slightly.
_ I'm sorry that I introduced you as my girlfriend without even asking but I had to lie to my father, he said and I could feel my heart shattering.
So it was a lie?
" I told you so!" My subconscious was raising an eyebrow at me and I was fighting the urge to cry.
_ He wouldn't stop pushing me to meet a girl if I didn't, he explained.
Wait, what now?
So Ashton never had a girlfriend before? No way!
_ I can always tell him the truth, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable Peach, he added.
The truth? What is it exactly? I really want to know because I'm completely lost here. What are we?
_ No it's okay. I'm glad I can help. I know how it feels when your parents are pushy, I said instead.
_ Are you sure? He insisted.
Don't cry. Don't cry.
_ I'm totally fine, I repeated.
He sighed.
_ Now we should share the room. God dad! Can't you call before you come! He huffed, I'm really sorry, Peach. But you know you can keep the bed I'll sleep on the floor, he added.
_ No you won't, I said, it's your bed in your room! I reminded him.
But before he could answer my phone started ringing in my pocket.
_ I'm serious, I finished pointing my finger at him then answered the call.