13

*Peach*
I was looking through the window, seeing him get far away. I caught him looking at me before turning on the engine, but he didn't look twice. I guess he hates me now. The only friend I got to know after the accident. I bet he's thinking that I invited him here to make fun of him and ridicule him. But, I swear I didn't know about his mother. I really don't know how Luke got that information! Was he investigating about Ashton? If so for how long? But especially why? Why does he keep getting involved in things he shouldn't be? I mean, it's my life! He shouldn't keep digging deeper in my date's life.
A hand touched my bare shoulder and a familiar voice rang into my ears.
_Are you okay? Luke asked.
I flipped, got away from his touch.
_Don't! Don't you dare touch me or talk to me after what you did, I warned him.
I could see the hurt in his eyes. But I really don't care anymore. He hurt me too when he scared Ashton away.
_Peach! Stop! Mom intervened.
_No! I'm not going to stop, I snapped, there is no fucking explanation for what he did. I mean seriously what's your problem Luke? Why do you hate me so much? I asked furiously.
_ What are you talking about Peach? Luke doesn't hate you! Mom said.
_If this is not about me, that means he hates Ashton, but why? He did nothing to you! I started pushing him and hit him on the chest.
_ It's because I'm your... he snapped grabbing both of my hands to stop their agitated movements.
His reaction caught me off guard. This was the first time he yelled at me. His eyes were not light blue anymore. They darkened. He was really mad. But I wasn't afraid. I know he'd never hurt me. At least, that's what I have learnt in this period. I was waiting for him to complete his unfinished sentence. He exhaled trying to calm down. Then he looked away letting my hands go finishing his sentence.
_ It's because I'm your friend
Mom let go of a deep breath I didn't know she was holding. Luke was devastated.
_Well a friend never does what you did, I said storming out of the room. I needed some fresh air. My head was killing me. This is tiring. I went out to the terrace and sat on the chair trying to rest. But I guess I wasn't allowed to do so because surprises never fail to disturb me in these delicate moments.