→the monster ←1.7

After not finding eleven they all went home and decided to regroup tomorrow. mike and bella sat on the couch with both of them looking over to where els fort. "i miss her" bella said. it was easy was see that bella had grown attached to el. she was a girl and bella was always around boys so having eleven for a couple of days made her happy. mike was the opposite he was angry that this girl caused so much trouble between him and lucas.

mike stared at the fort only to get up and destroy it. kicking the blankets and pushing the chair. bella sat there in silence, stunned. she eventually got up and engulfed him into a hug in which he returned.

________

"i just can't believe she didn't come back," bella said. "she's gotta be close." dustin said. "she said it wasn't safe," mike said completely ignoring bella's and dustin's conversation. "she just messed up the compasses because she wanted to protect us. she didn't betray us." mike said. "mike, calm down" below told him. "i shouldn't have yelled at her. i never should've done that." mike said walking back and forth.

"mike, this isn't your fault" bella told him. "yeah it's lucas'." mike said. "it wasn't his fault, either" dustin said. mike stopped and look at dustin "it wasn't his fault?". "no" dustin said. "so you're saying he wasn't out of line?" mike said. bella sighed. "totally, but so were you!" dustin said. "what?" he asked confused.

"and so was bella and eleven." he continued. "what? how was i?" bella said. "well you both lied about your relationship and eleven almost killed lucas and lucas was just yelling a lot but you both were being big assholes"dustin explained. "oh, give me a break!" mike rolled his eyes. "no, mike, you give me a break!" dustin yelled.

"all three and a half of you,bella being the half were being a bunch of assholes!i was the only reasonable one. but the bottom line is...you pushed first " dustin told him. "that is true. you know the rule. you draw first blood..." bella said. "no! no way! i'm not shaking his hand! and who's side on you on?" mike exclaimed pointing at bella. "the side where everything goes back to normal." she said.

you're shaking his hand!" dusin told him. "no, i'm not" mike argued. "this isn't a discussion.this is the rule of law.obey or be banished from the party. do you want to be banished?" dustin asked. mike looked down at the floor ." no" he said quietly. "good" bella smiled.

dustin went over and grabbed his and bella's coats throwing hers at her. "where are we going?" mike questioned. "where do you think? we're going to get lucas. and then we're gonna find eleven" he said throwing mikes bag at him. they all put on their jackets and biked to lucas'.

dustin rang his doorbell.lucas opened the door with a straight face "what do you want?". mike didn't say anything so dustin hit him. mike sighed "i drew first blood, so..." he put his hand out. lucas looked at him than his hand and back at him. lucas went to his living room and they followed.

he started to pace. "okay, i'll shake." he said. mike put out his hand again and dustin smiled. "on one condition. we forget the weirdo and go straight to the gate" lucas said. mike retracted his hand "them the deals off". "fine!" lucas yelled. "fine!" mike yelled back. "no, no, not fine!" dustin yelled. "guys seriously?" bella said. "do you even remember what happened on the bloodstone pass?" he asked. they all looked at each other confused. dustin sighed "we couldn't agree on what path to take, so we split up the party and those trolls took us out one by one. and it all went to shit. and we're all disabled! so we stick together, no matter what!" dustin yelled.

"yeah, i agree. but this is the party, right here in this room." lucas said pointing at the floor. "but els one of us now." bella jumped in. "um, no, she's not.not even close!never will be. she's a liar, a traitor—" lucas says. "she was just trying to keep all of us safe! she didn't mean to hurt you. it's was an accident!" mike yelled. "an accident?" lucas yelled. "all right, accident or not...admit it, it was a little awesome." dusin says looking for a high five. "hell yeah" bella said high fiving him. "awesome?" lucas yelled looking dumbfounded as his friends high fived about him almost dying.

"yeah, she threw you in the air with her mind!" dustin said. "i could have been killed!" lucas yelled at him. "which is exactly why we need her. she's a weapon!do you seriously wanna fight the demogorgon with your wrist rocket? that's like r2-d2 going to fight darth vader. we're no uses to will if we're dead." mike argued. "if you three wanna waste your time looking for a traitor, go ahead, cause i'm not spending my time on her anymore.no way!im going to the gate. i'm gonna find will." lucas says as he pushes past dustin and mike and left his house.

"just great" bella said. they left to go find el. "this is weird with lucas" dustin admitted. "he should've shaken my hand." mike said. "he's just jealous" dustin said. "what are you talking about?" mike asked. dustin sighed "sometimes, your total obliviousness just blows my mind". mike just looked confused. "he's your best friend, right?" dustin asked. "yeah...i mean, i don't know." mike said hesitating. "it's fine. i get it." dustin said.

"i didn't get here until the fourth grade. he had the advantage of living next door. but none of that matter.whats matters is that he's your best friend. and then you date one of our best friends and don't tell him or me then this girl shows up and starts living in your basement, and all you ever want to do is pay attention to her and bella." he says. "that's not true" mike said getting defensive. "yes, it is. and you know it. and he knows it. but no one ever says anything until you both start punching and yelling at each other like goblins with intelligence scores of zero. nows everything's weird." dustin says.

"he's not my best friend" mike says. dustin chuckles "yeah right". mike sighs "i mean, he is but so are you and so is bella and will". "can't have more than one best friend." dustin tells him. "says who?" bella says. "says logic." dustin says. "that's just dumb," she says. "well, i call bull on your logic because you're my best friend too." mike says. they share smile . "okay" he says.