→the pollywog ← 3.3

Bella and mike rounded another corner. "east is clear. no sign of dart." mike spoke into the radio. mike and bella head into the gym. where for bella all the memories rushed back to her. the locker room door swings open and closed . "we should be quiet." bella says as they approach the locker room. he nods and the open the doors and head in. as they walk through a door way there's a broomstick and mike grabs it and arms himself. "get behind me" he says to her. she rolls her eyes and sighs "do i have too?". he nods "yes i don't want you to get hurt" he whispers.

they walk further into the room where they hear a noise so they hide by a locker and mike and bella share a look and he nods. he quickly yells and has his broomstick in the air but it's just max. "what the hell are you doing?" max says to him. mike sighs "it's all good bella. you can come on out. bella comes out from the corner. "now what are you doing?" mike asks. "why are you in the boy's locker room?" bella says. "i'm looking for dart duh." "this is the boys room so you should go home." mike tells her. "mike!" bella snaps at him. mike drops his broomstick and walks out leaving the two girls.

max quickly runs past bella and chases after mike. "why do you hate me so much? max yells. bella runs after her. "max don't!" "no it's fine. i don't hate you. how can i hate you? i don't know you." mike tells her. "but you don't want me in your party." max says. "correct." mike says. "guys! not now" bella says but is ignored by max and mikes bickering. "why not?" max says. "because you're annoying!" mike finally stops and snaps at her. "and because we don't need a another party member". "mike! what the hell is wrong with you? bella yells at him. "i'm our paladin,bella's our rouge,will's our cleric,dustin's our bard,lucas is our ranger, and el is our mage." mike tells her.

"el? who's el?" max asks. "someone.no one"mike says. "someone or no one?" max asked. "she was a mage? max asked getting on her skateboard and riding around mike. "what could she do? like magic tricks or something? well i could be your zommer" she says with a smile. "that's not even a real thing ." mike yells at her. "it could be." max says as she skates around him. bella sighs "you're both giving me a headache so could we chill on the whole being rude to each other thing until we find dart. please and thank you. and max el was in our party a long time ago. she moved away,alright?" "bella what hell? we promised we wouldn't say anything." mike says. "what? i didn't even say anything bad and she has a right to know" she says. "the hell she does. i don't know what's not clicking for you bella she's not apart of party and if you keep acting like this soon you won't be either." mike says but his face quickly says that he regrets it. "wow i always knew you were a dick but this is a whole new level mike. you don't deserve bella. you treat her like trash and she would be better off without you" max says defending her.

"max  ñot now okay? i'll handle it." bella says determined. "what? you're just gonna let him talk to you that way!" max yells. "i appreciate what your trying to do but you're only making it worse so just leave it for now i'm gonna handle it right now" max sighs "whatever". "and for us mike. we're done this time and i'm so sick and tired of your angsty teen bullshit. you're not the only person to have lost someone that day so stop acting like you are. and don't ever and i mean ever speak me like that again! how dare you threaten me? you wanna kick me out of our party? then go ahead! "bels-" mike calls out to her. "don't call me that. you lost that privilege the moment you stopped acting like you cared about me."

max just rode around a teary eyed bella and silent mike. "oh jee i'm sorry" max says. "look what you did! you just cost me my girlfriend. everything was fine before you showed up." "don't blame it on her. she didn't do anything. you've been acting different for months and i've stood by your side but i'm officially done." bella sighed and walked towards the exit but was stopped when max skated after her and went flying off her board.

"max!" they both called out running over to her. "you okay?" bella asked." yeah i think so" max said getting up. "what happened?" mike asked. "i don't know. it was like a magnet or something pulling on my board.  i know that sounds crazy." max says shaking her head and grabbing her skateboard. mike and bella both looked up and saw the look that was in their eyes. they both took off towards the door but nothing was there. "do you think it was-" bella says with a shaking voice. "i don't know. but what i do know if that we need to find will." mike said walking off. he went down one hall and she and max went down another.

they caught up with dustin who was yelling wills name. "dustin what's going on?" bella asked. "what does it look like? we're trying to find will duh" he says continuing to yell his name. they rounded yet another corner this time to run into wills mom,joyce. "joyce!" bella said outta shock and surprised to see her. "what's going on? where's will?" she asks with a urgent voice and slight panic in her eyes. suddenly lucas runs in and out of breath "the field!" he yells at them and they all take off running towards the field.

is was there that they saw will standing in the middle of the field with his eyes closed like he was in sleep walking but without the walking. mike was shaking him. "i found him like this!" mike told them. "do you think he's having another manic episode?" dustin asked them. joyce ran up to will and tried to shake him calling out his name but no response he was just unresponsive completely.

they all stood around him and watch as joyce begged for her son to wake up and she pleaded to him to come back but he didn't. she started to yell "it's me! it's mom! can you hear me? will?". for a second nothing happened but soon will gasped and his eyes widened open.