→the vanishing of will byers ←0.1

The day leading up to tonight was just as any other. it was a sunday the air was cool and she had been at mike wheelers house for about 10 hours playing d&d. she sat in mikes basement on the edge of her seat watching mike put his heart into the campaign. watching him speak with such anticipation that even she was nervous. the room was silent waiting to hear what mike would say next.

"something is coming. something hungry for blood" he said causing everyone to look at one another. "a shadow grows on the wall behind you,swallowing you in darkness. it was almost here" he said looking at all of them.

"what is it?" will asked excited. "what if it's the demogorgon ?" dustin asked clearly worried. will sighed. "oh,jesus, we're so screwed if it's the demogorgon." said dustin. "it's not the demogorgon" argued lucas.

"a army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" mike says slamming the price down. they all sigh "see nothing to worry about" bella said clearly relived. lucas seem confident and proud. "troglodyte?" dustin asked with a huge smile.

"told ya" lucas said. they all laughed but of course dustin snorted. " wait a minute" mike said softly . he turned around slowly putting an his hand to his ear like he was trying to hear something "you hear that? that.. that sound. boom... boom ... BOOM!" he yells slamming his hand on the table making them jump.

mike had always been good at this. he always knew what to say and how to say it. it was one of things she quite liked about him. the way he used his voice to create such a atmosphere with tension and it felt like there were actual stakes.

"no that didn't come from the troglodytes. no, that ...that came from something else" he paused . " the demogorgon!" mike said slamming the piece again. the boys all groaned and sunk back into their chairs.

"we're in deep shit" dustin said annoyed. "will, your action!" mike yelled. "i don't know!" will said conflicted and with panic in his eyes . "fireball him" lucas said like it was obvious. " he would have to roll a 13 or higher though" she told them. " too risky. cast a protection spell." dustin chimed in. "don't be a pussy. fireball him!" lucas said arguing. dustin said "cast protection" and will just looked at them. his eyes darting back and fourth.

mike slammed his hands on the table . "the demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering! it stomps towards you. boom!" he yells. "fireball him!" lucas said again. "another stomp , boom!" mike yells.  " will cast protection like dustin said" she finally yelled. "yeah what she said" dustin yelled agreeing.

" he roars in anger!" mike says yelling over them. at this point they were all yelling at will. will snatches the dice and yells "fireball" throwing them on the table but they roll right off. " oh shit" she said. they all got up to look for then dice . "where'd it go?" lucas asked getting on his knees . they ran around the area looking for the dice.

"i don't know" will said also looking. "is it a 13?" dustin asked coming over to help too. will answered with "i don't know". they were all talking again bella felt like she couldn't think. dustin was freaking out barely helping. mike and bella were both checking by the stairs. they both went for the same thing thinking they saw it making their hands touch. they both immediately snatched it away from one another and went to search somewhere else. a blush crept on to her face and she looked at the floor to hide her face

"mike!" mikes mom karen yelled from upstairs. she opened up the door "mom we're in the middle of a campaign" mike states. "you mean the end? fifteen after." she said pointing at her watch. everyone was still freaking out and searching.

mike ran upstairs. "keep looking, guys" the girl yelled at them. they went back to searching. "oh my god! freaking idiot!" lucas says. they kept looking byt not having any luck.

"oh i got it!" will says picking it up. "what's it say" she asked curious. the boy had to roll a 13 or higher or he would have been attacked. "does the 7 count?" he asked lucas. they all signed then they all went to grab their coats. " it was a 7?" asked lucas. they got all whispery and she couldn't hear them no more. bella rolled her eyes and grabbed her bag.

they all quickly put on their coats and started to head upstairs. "does anyone want this? dustin said opening the box of pizza from hours ago. the boys said no at the same time. "but maybe nance will want some so ask her" bella said proceeding to head upstairs leaving dustin downstairs.

they were in mike's garage and everyone was zipping up and making casual conversation. "there's something wrong with your sister." dustin said coming from inside. "what are you talking about? " mike asked. "she's got a stick up her butt" dustin says to him. lucas starts getting ready to ride off  by mounting his bike "its because she's been dating that douchebag steve harrington. "yeah, she's turning into a real jerk" dustin says. "hey bels isn't ur sister like best friends with him?" lucas says. " yeah he's really nice once you get to know him" she tells the boys.

dustin, will, and lucas all turn their bike lights on. "she's always been a real jerk" mike says. " not true like remember that time she dressed up as a elf for our elder tree campaign" dustin says trying to prove a point. they started to bike out of his garage. "four years ago" mike yells as they bike away. will stays behind " it was a 7" he tells him. "huh?" "the roll, it was a seven" he repeats. " the demogorgon, it got me" he says to them. " will are u sure you don't a ride home? lori can fit ur bike into the car" she asks him. "no it's fine. see you guys tomorrow." he says before biking away. they watched him ride down the street

"i really liked your campaign, mike. it was one of my favorites" bella tells the boy she's had a crush on for that past 3 months. "you always say that" he says with a smile. "no mike i mean it this time. it was ... different the stakes actually felt real" she says pushing her glasses up. "thanks i put a lot of hard work into it. it only took me two weeks or whatever" he says with a shrug.

the girl smiles and tucks a strand of her hair behind her ear. she grabbed mikes hand and intertwining their fingers. "i really enjoy hanging with you bels" he says blushing slightly. she gives him a quick kiss on the cheek. "yeah me too" she responds with a smile. mike just looks at her in a certain way unsure how he got here with her but he didn't care he was happy with her.

mike starts to leans in for a kiss and almost touches her lips but before he can hes interrupted by the honk of a car. "come on get in" lori yells from the car. they both let out a sigh. "i'm sorry mike i have to got but i had fun today. see you tomorrow at school." she says walking to the car. mike watches her get in and drive away before sighing again. "wow" he says.