Chapter 26 - Confrontation

Events from the past hour roll around in Jack's brain, the man known as Gregory told Negan everything he needs to know, and now they are leaving hilltop to return home. Negan's next move is still to be determined and Jack can see the fire in his eyes and she can't wait to see her sexy man in action.

The sanctuary comes into view, as the truck comes to a stop at the gate and Jack gets out first. It has to be lunch time by now, so while Negan speaks to a few guys outside she goes in to eat and relax. She has to mentally prepare herself for what's about to happen.

Jack finds a jar of pickles to eat, and usually she hates them but now she learns to eat shit she never ate before. She sits down in the kitchen with a few pickles, while a few people stare at her profusely, they must know about the outpost attack, and since Jack is tight with the leader people want to know.

"Excuse me you're Jack right?" Jack chews her last bite of pickle, and turns to face the woman who sits beside her.

"Yeah, that's me"

"You were at the outpost, my husband was there and he's dead isn't he?"

Jack feels the sudden rush of sadness as the woman speaks to her about her husband, she can't help but feel bad for her as small tears escape her eyes as she waits for Jack to answer her.

"I'm so sorry for you loss, i can assure you right now the people who did it are going to pay" Jack is even more pissed off now then she was before, to actually see this woman crying is a real turning point for her.

"Thank you miss, and thank god for Negan too" the woman gets up and walks away as other people continue to stare at her, before she gets up and walks out of the kitchen.

This is so fucked up, i just had to listen to that woman cry to me that her husband was killed in his sleep by a bunch of fucking wackos. But i'm convinced that Negan knows exactly what he is doing, and now the plan has to be set in motion, so they can pay for what they done.

Jack looks around for Negan in their room, but she doesn't find him, she figures he is busy so she goes up to the roof again to work on her song. After a short while the doors open and out walks Negan with a concerned look on his face as he walks over to his girl.

"Well don't you look serious babe"

"Come on, we have to get ready soon"

"What did they find them?"

"Yeah, got to get all the guys ready but we have to have a meeting first so we can get this plan together"

"Okay, let's go then"

Jack follows Negan down to the large meeting room and sits down next to Negan who is at the head of the table. She looks at the other lieutenants, but she doesn't quite know all of them. She recognizes Laura, and Simon but the others not as much.

"So this is how it's going to go, i got a call from Dwight and his crew they took four of them hostage already, i had another group watching those fucks and they left their settlement in an RV, now word on the street is they're on their way to hilltop. I want the rest of you to take out small teams to set up roadblocks, whatever you do don't let them through. I'm thinking we play our cards right we ambush them right about here, it's all a matter of getting them there.

"Me and my girl will stay put in this area of the woods here, i'm familiar with it there's a big open space, just perfect for what we need, make sure you get them to drive through here, beat them up a little and get them on their knees, i will be waiting or i should say we" Jack looks right to Negan as he talks and she agrees with him. The others get up and leave the room while Simon stays behind.