Chapter 76 - Long Goodbye

Jack screams in her sleep, writhing around on the bed, and Negan wakes up right away, trying to comfort her. The girls eyes open, and she has to realize that she is safe, in her man's arms as he holds her. This nightmare has to be the worst she has ever had before, and the anxiety she has from Negan leaving her behind in the coming hours keeps her wide awake and scared.

"Shhh, take it easy baby, you really fucking scare me when you do that, it was almost like someone was killing you in your sleep, you want to talk about it?" Jack shifts in his arms, and she shivers a little as the room is cold. "Shit, you are freezing cold let me cover you up" Negan rushes off the bed and covers her like a mummy, while he holds her.

Jack lays back down in his arms, and she feels cozy but still a little anxious about the battle. "Don't go" is all she says as she looks up to him with tears in her eyes. "Please baby, i'm begging you. What if something happens to you and you don't come back and our baby..won't have you..

"I am not going anywhere, i will be back in time for dinner and maybe a little freaky deaky too" Jack tries to laugh through her tears as she wipes them off her cheeks. Her hormones definitely make her emotional, and it's just too much stress on her right now, which is hard on the baby as well. "Come on baby, we can get a few more hours of sleep" Jack yawns and blinks her eyes a few times before closing them, and before Negan can even turn out the light she is out. "Goodnight beautiful" he kisses her head and he makes sure that she is covered up.

The last thing he remembers is her beautiful hazel eyes crying, and it kind of breaks his heart but he still has to do it for all of them. His eyes close, and he falls asleep until that early morning sun hits his face through the windows. Jack is also awake but she hardly moves off the bed as Negan gets up, and Jack moves so she can see him. The feeling of needing to throw up comes on quickly and she flies to the bathroom, emptying her stomach violently.

Jack sits on the floor for a few minutes, and Negan finally checks on her. "It's okay baby, look i know you don't want me to go but i..i have to"

"No" Jack shakes her head, and she is not crying but she is mad. "I understand that you have to but, please just think about what i said last night, you need to think about peace, about what Carl said" Jack is a little weary on the outlook of this, knowing Negan might not do it but she still remains hopeful that he will for her.

"I know baby, i just need you to stay here and i need you to be safe more than anything, as long as you and little bean are safe, that is most important" Negan helps her off the floor and lifts her shirt to reveal her small baby bump, he bends down caressing the skin there, and he kisses his baby, and then up to Jack, her lips waiting for him. "I love you so much"

"I love you to, so much but what is the plan today? Jack asks she knows but Negan always has tricks up his sleeve. He also gets word that Eugene is here and he has the guns filled up and ready to go as the saviors wait and prepare for this war to end today.

"Well baby, the plan is i got Simon's men going out to set a trap, but they don't know that Rick is going to show up and probably kill them, you see Dwight gave Rick some fake ass plan, and he is going to march right into the line of fire and when the time is right, and it's like you said, we blow them up all at once" Jack is at a loss for words, it was her idea but it sounds even crueler coming out of his mouth.

"Oh shit" she manages to say, and although she can't go she plans on going. She has to figure out how though, maybe sneak into one of the trucks before anyone can see her, which it sounds like a good plan to her. "Well like i said before, you have to be so sure that you want to do this, because there is no going back from it so i would think about it some more babe" she looks at him, and he sighs. "I'm gonna..take a shower real quick"