Chapter 37 - Dinner For Two

What the hell even happened last night, i wake up this morning not even remembering the events from the night before. I know that i got caught in a storm with Negan and my horse, but then when we came home we talked and passed out. I feel good today i wake up and make breakfast like usual, Negan is still asleep so i figure i will let him sleep in. Since he is shirtless i check his wound and it looks great, he hasn't complained about it bothering him, so that is good.

Jack moves off the bed, and finds another bandage to change it. His wound hasn't been bleeding and it is healing rather well, Jack takes care of it and he wakes up to the most beautiful thing he has ever laid eyes on."Good morning beautiful" Negan moves his legs off the bed as Jack stands back up.

"I didn't mean to wake you i just changed your bandaid it looks really good though, has it bothered you at all, like when you hold Lucille?" Jack glares at him waiting for him to answer, and he walks over to sit down at the table. "I am making pancakes, from scratch or at least i'm going to try you know how much i fuckin' hate those water cakes" she jokes about the pancakes he made her.

"Fuck, good luck with that but no baby it hasn't bothered me so i guess that is a fuckin' good thing then" his sarcasm cracks Jack up, she stirs flour together that they get from hilltop and eggs, a little salt and milk. She heats up the stove and pours batter down. The pancakes are done and Jack sits down to eat. "These are good babe" Negan stuffs his face like there is no tomorrow, and he cleans his plate in the snap of a finger.

"Damn Negan were you hungry, should i make more?" Jack asks "I can if you want me too?"

"It's fine, besides i have some shit to get done anyways"

"Okay, i might go and see the wives today and help Karen out in the kitchen, maybe spend some time outside with Cash"

"Sounds good baby, i'm thinking of having the guys build a little stable for him, we should be getting some shit from Kingdom and hilltop to build something like that" but then he remembers he got rid of the wives, but he has no idea how to tell her, so he lets it slide for another time.

"No fucking way you would do that for him or me?"

"Yeah i fuckin' think so, can't have him out in the weather it will be cold soon, i mean it has to be almost the end of September by now who the fuck knows, i just count the days"

"That would be so cool, i worry about him out there in the weather and after last night i can tell he hates rain and storms" Jack wants Cash to be safe, she can't always be out there with him so this is a good thing.

It actually melts her heart how much he seems to cares about Cash, she has only had him a few days but she loves him so much and it means the world to her that Negan cares to. She never thought he would, but this has proven to her otherwise.

After Jack is done showering she realizes that she needs to do some laundry, so she grabs her basket and heads down to the room where the clothes are washed. Everything has to be hand washed, so she drops the clothes in some water and scrubs at them like the old fashioned way. She wishes so badly for her moms front load washing machine, as Jack would say "That fucker washed the shit out of my clothes" she laughs at the thought.

Jack wipes down her red leather jacket, wiping stained walker blood off of it and some stuck on dirt. It comes as clean as she can get it. "Fuck me my brand new coat and it has a fuckin' stain on it" she yells to herself as another woman comes in to also wash clothes.

"You okay there honey?" The woman asks Jack as she sets her clothes down and starts to wash them.

"Yeah, it's just i found this jacket and it has this blood stain on it and i can't get it out"