Doomed

I was sitting in my dorm at my desk reading a chapter from my basic nutrition book, when a low rumbling sound came followed by the room starting to violently shake. It lasted a few moments until it finally subsided. Car alarms were blaring in the distance.

Setting my pencil down I got up and went to my window looking out it there was nothing there but a big whiff of something caught my attention and the air felt off. I turned back into the room and found water dripping down from a hole in the ceiling. 

Spike was unhappily standing over his...er...my chair moving it to the side and then felt it. Since the bad deed between us, things still haven't returned to normal yet. We banter but that's about it.

"Ga! My sodden sleeping chair's bloody... sodden."

I rolled my eyes grabbing one of my empty buckets and placed it under the drip. 

"Excuse me, I think you mean my chair." I told him shaking my head. "I'll have to let the dorm adviser know so you'll have to leave for a while unless you can fix it yourself."

"I look like a plumber to you?"

"No you look like a big mooch who doesn't lift a finger around here" I retorted before turning putting my paper into my binder and grabbing my book bag. "But I have classes and I need to go find Buffy and please do me a favor and limit how much of my plasma your drinking... blood is becoming very scarce; I only get a shipment every three months now." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I met up with Willow in their hall and walked with her to the dorm, Buffy was putting on her jacket just as we entered.

"Hey. I was in the library when the quake hit. Almost got buried in 19th Century English Literature. And I don't have to tell you how hard it is to dig through some of that stuff." Willow said making Buffy smile lightly.

"You okay?" I asked. "Salem got hit with some broken pipes it's being fixed."

"Yeah couple of broken knickknacks no biggies" Buffy told us.

"Well, Porter Dorm is completely blacked out, so naturally they're dealing with the crisis the only way they know how 'Aftershock Party." I added. "From the dorm that brought you the 'somebody sneezed party and 'Day that Ends in Y party'"

"They do seem to be generous with the milestones. You should ask Riley to come. Much carousing by flattering candlelight." Willow said.

"Riley. Riley is... busy, I'm pretty sure. Why don't I meet up with you there. On my way for a little Giles one-on-one." Buffy told us and looked at me. "Coming?"

"Of course it's been a while since I got in a good slay" I told her smiling.

"Anything wrong?" Willow asked.

"Wrong?" Buffy asked. "No. Not at all."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

We got to Giles and Buffy went right into a panic, pacing I sat at the table with Giles watching her go back and forth.

"Something horrible's going to happen." Buffy told us.

"It was an earthquake, Buffy" Giles said. " A not uncommon occurrence in Southern California. There's no reason to think it's anything more."

"I've so got a reason. Pretty darn good one. The last time we had an earthquake, I died."

I looked up at her at that.

"Yes I know that." Giles told her sympathetically. "And therefore we completely understand your anxiety."