Chapter 17

Sun

6 days later

She wakes up and opens her eyes to see Bruno lying facing her with his arm over her waist staring at her and she tells him, I didn't mean to fall asleep on you and he kisses her and tells her, it's ok, you haven't slept long and he pulls back and tells her, i've been thinking and Leila smiles and tells him, if it's about another round of sex you'll have to wait, my kitty needs a rest after last night and this morning and Bruno tells her, no, i've been thinking that we've been spending every night together since you were sick, either here or at your place and thinking the worse Leila sits up and without looking at Bruno she tells him, you want some space and time alone, I get it and Bruno sits up and takes her hand and tells her, no, look at me and she looks at him and Bruno smiles and tells her, that's the last thing I want, I want you to move in with me Leila, I love you and I love being with you.

She feels surprised and tells him, I love you and I love being with you too and she asks him, don't you think it's a bit soon for us to be living together and Bruno tells her, no, I think the right time for things is when it feels right and wanting us to live together feels right to me Leila and we've practically been doing it but between our 2 homes, I just want to make it official and have you and all your things move in here with me.

She can tell Bruno is serious and she tells him, I haven't lived with anyone since I left my parents home when I was 18 years old Bruno and my home means a lot to me as it's the first home away from theirs that I bought, that belongs to me and where it's up to me how to decorate it, the lay out, deciding what to put in it and where and I don't know if I can give that up after 8 years and Leila bites her lip nervously as she waits for Bruno to say something.

He takes a breath and tells her, I didn't know you own your home Leila and Bruno's surprised when she tells him, I bought it with a bit of the settlement I got from the Los Angeles Police Department, which you might as well know now before someone digs it up and posts about it online that it was for 15 million and Bruno is shocked and Leila tells him, apparently that's the price for 1 of their patrol cars knocking me down during a police chase and making me infertile at 14 years old and he tells her, I don't know what to say, i'm sorry I brought up bad memories for you, I don't want to take away your independence Leila and you can keep your home but live here with me, make this our home and you can redecorate and rearrange things and buy new things if you want, I don't mind.

She can tell that Bruno really wants her to move in with him and she tells him, I know you didn't mean to bring up bad memories for me and I love your home Bruno but if you want an answer now i'll say no and she asks him, can you give me a week to think about moving in with you and i'll give you my answer then and Leila's relieved that despite obviously being disappointed Bruno tells her, ok.

He had known asking Leila this morning to move in with him was risky but Bruno had thought that whatever reservations she might have that he could persuade her anyway and now he doesn't know after what she's told him if he can which is frustrating, but what gives him hope is that with Leila patience has been the key to getting what he wants with her and Bruno hopes this is no different.

She has been calling Bruno's name for the last few minutes but he hasn't responded to her and Leila thinks fuck it and she pushes him off his unicorn float and backs away fast and laughs as he comes up spluttering in the pool and he asks her, what the fuck and she tells him, well I repeatedly called your name and you didn't answer me, so that's what you get and Bruno swims over to her and stops in front of her and tells her, it's rude to push a king off his unicorn and he says it so dramatically that Leila can't help laughing and Bruno tells her, that does it!, nobody laughs at the king, a spanking punishment for you my lady and he chases her around the pool and catches her from behind a few minutes later when she tries to get out the pool and Leila turns in his arms and tells him, ok, I surrender your majesty, i'll take my punishment like a good girl and Bruno grins, kisses her and tells her, i'll spank you later when your being a bad girl for me and she bites his bottom lip and tells him, that's going to be 1 hell of a spanking as you know how good I am at being bad and Bruno tells her, I know, why do you think i'm saving it for later and he kisses her again.

The thoughts he'd been having while lying on the unicorn float leave him as he kisses Leila and all Bruno wants is to enjoy the moment with his girlfriend and what he imagines will happen with Leila later fills his mind as their kiss goes on.