Worst of you

Reece's POV:

•< Song: Worst of you- Maisie Peters >•

As soon as I closed my room door I walked over to the empty double bed, sat down, and sobbed and sobbed until my voice was hoarse and there were no more tears left to cry. My harsh conversation with Bailee had ended with Blake kissing me, as if he believed I was going to forgive him right there and then. Both George and Blake had heard what Bailee had said to me, and although Blake tried to get back at Bailee by kissing me, all he really did was make me want him back all over again.

"I can't I'm sorry", I remembered saying as I left him standing alone and confused in the room we once shared. Tonight had been a mix of emotions but right now all I wanted was to be in Blake's arms with not a care in world. I knew I was right to walk away, as it had finally clicked that I should have done it a long time ago, but as much as I knew it was the right decision, all I really wanted was my boyfriend back.

After I stopped crying, I decided to pick up my guitar, which hadn't been played in a couple of days. I slowly took it out of the case, which I used to prop up my phone as I sat alone on the double bed. I tapped on Instagram and swiped to the camera, to find myself looking a state. But instead of fixing my appearance, I simply just hit record as I couldn't really be bothered to lie to my fans about this as I began to sing.

"You promise it's different,
You swear that you listened,
I don't mind if you didn't,
'Cause I just love the sound of your voice.
You role play the good guy,
Then induce your whit lies,
But I see them in the sunrise.

You got me right in the palm of your hand and you know it,
Oh, it's what you do.
So let me drown,
I'll be there with the band,
Hit the sea then all I'd see is you.

So give me your worst excuses, any reason to stay.
Give me your lips that taste of her, I'd kiss them again.
I'd have you walk all over me than walk away.
Give me the worst of you,
'Cause I want you anyway.

We make up, but I know we'll fistfight,
Through iPhones, my left hook a no-show,
'Cause I'll just keep letting you win.
But baby, the truth is I make your excuses,
You let me down and I'm used to it".

My hoarse voice and my guitar were the only sounds in the empty room, as my eyes began to fill with tears the more I sang the lyrics with truth.

"Another night, another dotted line,
I sign my heart,
away to you,
Some call it foolish,
guess I'll call it art".

When I finished the song, I sniffed and smiled sadly to my phone as I ended the video, and posted it directly to Instagram without a single lie.