5: Confession

"So, are you okay? What happened in there?" Gilbert asked, looking at Violet.

Violet looked at Gilbert with a hesitant expression.

Gilbert sighed lightly, he stood up then sat next to Violet. He laid his hand on his lap, hoping Violet would hold it. Violet did, she held his hand firmly.

"If you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to, I understand. If you want to talk, I'll listen, we have all the time in the world. I'm your husband now, I will stay here for you, Violet Evergarden, no one else." Gilbert said carefully and gently.

Violet smiled, "Thanks."

Gilbert smiled back.

Violet looked forward, sighed lightly then spoke. "I was afraid. Not afraid of him, I mean yes, I was afraid of him, but more so than that terrified at the fact that people are after me. They want me dead. Killed. Brutally Murdered, perhaps. I knew I would receive hate because of what happened in those four years, and I accepted that. I wasn't afraid of that fact 3 years ago, why am I afraid of it now?"

She inhaled a broken breath, "After 3 years, they sent assassins after me? Full- flegded killers with stone-hardened hearts, and painful and unforgettable pasts. People who love killing and ending their long-mend connections. People whose lives are contradictory to mine now."

"3 years ago, I couldn't care less about what happened to me, but now, with you. I'm so happy now, I don't want anyone to take that happiness away." She looked at Gilbert then, looked down when she looked at his eyes.

"What I wanted to say is, I am scared of people like him, terrified that others like him will come, and...thank you."