20: A Hint of the Future

"Sergeant." Gilbert slightly surprised that a long time friend, whom he hasn't seen in such a long time, is standing in front of him out of the blue.

"Oh, no worries, I am no longer a Sergeant, but I see you continued fulfilling your title for the government." Kousuke said.

"Yes, I did." Gilbert said, a little confused that Kousuke is in Kazaly. "Please, come in, it's cold outside."

Kousuke and Violet went inside, then Gilbert closed the door.

"Last I heard, you were in Lechernt." Gilbert stated.

"Yes, and this was 2 years ago, but yes, I live near Lechernt." Kousuke said, sitting on a chair.

"So, not that I mind, but what are you doing here? Do you want some coffee?" Gilbert asked.

"No, I have my own." Kousuke said, lifting his coffee cup. "I'm here for a short interview for my brother, we work at a bar, but his friend asked for a detailed report on 'Leiden's Power Couple' for his newpaper. Said; It'll be a good headline."

Kousuke pulled out his notepad, "So, can I?"

"Of course." Gilbert said, nodding.

Half a hour or so later, Kousuke left with the much needed information he wanted. It was already night by the time he left. Violet layed down on the couch while waiting for Gilbert to finish his cooking for dinner.

After a while, Gilbert had finished cooking.

Time to wake Violet up. "Violet, wake up," She had fallen asleep while waiting. "you can sleep after eating." Gilbert said.

Violet sat up, standing up a while after and headed to the table.

"I feel sleepy, I  think I should've slept a little longer." Violet mumbled while Gilbert took out bowls.

"But you slept a little more than me," Gilbert said, pouring some soup, "and we slept really early the night before." 'Though  we didn't really do anything the whole month.'

"You think you might be sick?" Gilbert asked while sitting down, giving Violet a spoon.

"No, or atleast I don't think so, everytime I smell something I like, I suddenly feel my stomach churn. I feel nauseous every morning too." Violet side-commented, picking up the spoon.

"Then, let's see if you can sleep it off, if you can't then maybe you might need to visit the doctor." Gilbert said, "Let's eat."

"Yeah." Violet said.

The night was silent, there was breeze; ever so light, it was refreshing to the skin, this breeze wouldn't be heard unless it was a night as quiet as this.

Gilbert and Violet drifted off to sleep, feeling just like the breeze; light and clear. They were happy to know, they will be going back to Leiden though, it wasn't going to be as quiet....

Since I had so much free time in my hands, I wrote these, it was either completing my music theory study or this...see you again, tell me if you have any suggestions for future basis! Thanks and wait for the next one! Please comment on what you think so far.