55: Simple Discussion

"Umm...."

Gilbert and Hodgins glanced at her, waiting for her question.

"Nothing. I have nothing to ask." She said.

"Really?" Gilbert glanced at Hodgins shrugging. "Okay, since you took your vacation here, when are you leaving?"

'I actually have to go back.'

"Yes, well, I'll be leaving 3 days from now." Bianca said, nodding.

Pass forward to a few minutes later, the Hodgins Couple went on home, while Bianca sat on the guest's bedroom's bed.

Gilbert went inside their bedroom, Violet changing into more comfortable clothes, and him doing the same. As Violet down on the bed, Gilbert got her attention.

He took out a piece of paper from his back and showed it to Violet.

It had read,

"Department of Administrations and Services for the States Officers of Leidenshaftlich have formally requested Sergeant Gilbert Bougainvillea to take the Master Sergeant Exam.

To if he passes, he will take his first line of duty in the Gardarik Empire. This will take 3 to 4 weeks then he can continue his work in Leidenshaflich.

The day he takes the exams, the exams will also be the same day of the evaluation of his test- further information about the test will be discussed.

Furthermore, this paperwork should be brought back two days after the prior notice.

The signed signature under shows that he has agreed to take the Master Sergeant Exam.

Sergeant Gilbert Bougainvillea

_________________________

The signed signature under shows the following who agreed on his promotion.

Lieutenant Colonel Levi Visser of Leidenshaflich

Lieutenant Colonel Keelan of Leidenshaflich

Captain Derk Admiraal of Gardarik Empire

Lieutenant Emiel Admiraal of Gardarik Empire"

After a quick read, Violet looked beside her, she looked at Gilbert, who was waiting for her reaction.

"Well?" Gilbert asked with an unsure face.

"Well, what? I think you should go." Violet said, handing him the paper.

"What? What about you?" Gilbert asked, raising his eyebrows.

"What about me? I should be able to set myself still here, I have Emma to help me. Also, I think it would benefit our land's connections to Gardarik Empire, especially with the optional supply support contract being done." Violet said what she thought.

"Yes, I guess so, I do trust you here, I also trust Emma, but that isn't what I'm thinking about." Gilbert, still unsure.

"Then, what are you think about?" Violet asked, raising an eyebrow.

Without a word, he slightly looked away and softly touched his blind eye.

Violet slightly furrowed her eyebrows in question.

"You mean....you're questioning your welcome in Gardarik?" She asked, asking if her guess was right.

"...more like, I don't know what to think of if I meet a Gardarik soldier. I mean, are they all still in bad blood?" Gilbert asked, not really asking for an answer.

"Well, of course there would still be people who won't accept that our nations have united, but surely not all of them would judge you just for being a former soldier, because they were once a military-based nation too." Violet stated.

She looked at Gilbert, "I think you shouldn't worry too much and go for it." She smiled, "Have pride that war is over and go to Gardarik not for war but for peace."

Gilbert smiled, and laid his hand on hers. "Of course." He replied.

'He's going to Gardarik Empire? I should report this to Jones before he gets there.'

Bianca overheard, but she didn't know when he was leaving.

(A/N: Thank you for waiting! Please do give a vote and comment your thoughts. I hope this chapter is good, stay safe!)