54: Silent questions

"Who's the girl?"

However quiet Hodgins asked it, the people in the room heard it clear as day, but decided to tell themselves it wasn't theirs to discuss.

Hodgins didn't notice the slight glances as he was waiting for Gilbert's answer.

"About that..." He said, glancing at Colin, before looking back at Hodgins. "I was about to ask you to help me with something later. I hope that you can help me with this."

Hodgins laid the plates gently on the counter.

"Well? What is it?" Hodgins asked, raising his eyebrow in anticipation.

Gilbert whispered to Hodgins.

"Well, can you two stay for a while?" Gilbert asked.

"Yeah, I can do that, we'll discuss more about it later." Hodgins nodded. As he knew he wouldn't get more answers than that, he walked back to Cattleya.

As the afternoon came close to night, all the guests went on their ways, all except Hodgins and Cattleya, and Colin.

After cleaning up the plates, all five of them went upstairs.

"Violet, I'll just discuss something with Hodgins and Miss Colin, okay?" Gilbert stated, "Cattleya, be my guest and go ahead and rest yourself in our bedroom." He bowed his head before entering the study behind Colin and Hodgins.

As he entered, he closed the door, allowing Colin sit on one of the chairs beside the table.

"Make yourself comfortable." Gilbert said as he and Hodgins sat down on the of the chairs as well.

"You see Miss Colin, we will be straight forward and will be asking you some questions." Hodgins said bluntly.

"I apologize for future inconveniences, but I wanted to do this to fill my suspicions about you. Just so you know, I do not ask these questions on behalf of being a States Officer. In exchange, you can ask us some questions as well." Gilbert stated.

'Have they figured me out? I wasn't that obvious, was I?'

Colin slowly nodded her head, knowing the most reasonable thing to do is comply.

Gilbert nodded, "Okay, who are you and where are you from?"

There was pauses and slight stutters, that was more than enough for Gilbert and Hodgins to notice Colin had something to hide, but it was normal for people to have secrets.

"My name is...Bianca, I'm 27 years old. I'm from....East Salbert..."

"Oh? Okay so your name is Bianca." Gilbert raised his eyebrow. "And if you're from Salbert, then what is your reason for visiting Leiden?"

'Umm...think answers that wouldn't strike more questions...uhh..' she thought.

"...Vacation, I work as a substitute teacher and they have given me a break, so I took my time off to Leiden." She said, seemly calm and collected.

"So you are a teacher? What do you study?"

'Dammit, uhh...'

"....literature, I study literature." Colin took a breath, waiting for the next question. 'I know some literature, I can read.'

Gilbert nodded.

"Okay, now it's your turn to ask the questions." He said, confusing Bianca a bit.

"What? T-that's it?" Colin asked.

"Yes, that's all, is there something you would like to ask?" Gilbert said.

'This might be my shot to get as much information as I can.' Colin thought.

"Umm...."

A/N: Thank you for reading yet again, if you have suggestions to help me with this story, please feel free to do so in the comment section.

I'm not really a writer, but since I wanted to do something to fill my time, I started writing this, and I can't seem to abandon this story unless it's finished.

So, I'm sorry if the writing or plot doesn't make sense sometimes. Thanks for reading, I hope you like what I write.