Chapter 7- Dumb and Delusional

"Well done, you guys!" The class mutters their congratulations to the two teams, nervous to find out who will go next.

"Thank you, All Might. Though I feel I could've done better." Iida bows his head, his arms tight to his side.

"Yes, I have much to improve on." Yaoyorozu agrees, bowing her own head.

"No need to be so formal! You both did fine!" All Might waves them off, turning to the class to discuss what they had seen and how the teams can improve. After a few minutes, the discussion comes to a close, and All Might draws the next two teams.

"The heroes will be... TEAM G! And the villains... TEAM J!"

The villains prepare themselves, Sero using his tape to create a cocoon for the bomb and a few traps for the heroes as well.

"So, is your tape double-sided? Does it ever tangle? Do you ever lose the loose end? Is it like scotch tape or duct tape? And why doesn't it stick to you?" Asui asks, placing a finger on her chin and sticking her tongue out slightly. Sero tilts his head, unsure how to answer any of the questions.

"You ready for this?" Kaminari asks, creating tiny sparks of electricity in his palms.

"Of course! Why wouldn't I be?" Kaido responds, clearly terrified. He tightens the bandages around his right arm, making sure his quirk is under control. "I won't be much of a help, my quirk is difficult to control."

"Just do your best and I'm sure we'll do fine!" Kaminari smiles, giving his partner a thumbs-up. Kaido nods, determination flowing through him.

"Let's go!" The two high five, excitement overcoming them as they charge into the building.

Asui creeps along the ceiling, hoping to catch the other team off-guard by attacking from above. Her ears perk as she hears the muffled sound of boots hitting the ground. She quietly lurks closer to her prey, ready to make the kill.

Kaido and Kaminari run through the empty halls, checking each corner before continuing.

"Hurry up! We have a lot of ground t-" Kaido covers Kaminari's mouth with his hand, stopping them in their tracks. "What?" Kaminari asks in a hushed whisper.

"Can't you sense their presence?" Kaido breathes back. Kaminari gives him a side glance, confusion overcoming him as he stares at the empty hallway.

"NooOO-" Kaminari is suddenly pulled to the ground by Asui, who jumps from the ceiling as she had planned. She quickly grabs his hands and twist them around him, attempting to capture him with the tape. Kaminari jerks away from her, pulling his hands into a fighting position. "Kaido, I got this! Get out of here!"

"I can't leave you!"

"NOW! Get the weapon and win this!" Asui jumps for Kaido, who barely manages to scramble away. Kaminari tackles her, allowing Kaido to escape.

Sero waits near the bomb, tapping his foot impatiently.

"What's taking them so long?" He mutters, lazily checking his bare wrist for the time. He yawns, beginning to pace around the weapon.

Kaido stands around the corner, covering his mouth with his hands in an attempt not to give his position away as he catches his breath.

"Asui? You there?" Sero speaks, making Kaido jump slightly. Sero puts a finger up to his ear, as if that would help, and sighs when there is no answer. "How come she gets to have all of the fun?"

Kaido takes a deep breath in a vain attempt to calm his heartbeat.

I only have one shot at this...

Asui slips out of Kaminari's grasp, spinning around to face him. She stretches out her tongue, wrapping it around his waist and pulling him to the ground. He grunts in pain, grasping onto her mouth muscle. She releases her grip, bringing her tongue back to her mouth. Kaminari clutches it tightly, dragging along the ground as the tongue disappears into Asui's mouth.

"Hey!" Asui yelps, unable to pull her tongue in. Kaminari, now on his feet, generates sparks in his hands. The electricity easily travels through the tongue, shocking Asui.

Sero unknowingly turns his back to Kaido, lazily patrolling the weapon. Kaido takes another deep breath, diving into an army crawl and sliding under the tape Sero had prepared. Once close enough, Kaido reaches for the weapon with his right arm, sure of his victory. His arm is suddenly wrapped in tape, which yanks him away from the win. At the same time, it unravels his bandages, leaving them laying in a useless pile beside him.

Kaido stares at the bandages, his aura strengthening greatly.

"You fool."

SHUN KAIDO. HIS QUIRK: BLACK BEAT!

A POWERFUL QUIRK RESIDING IN SHUN'S RIGHT ARM THAT IS SUPPRESSED WITH BANDAGES. IT IS BELIEVED THAT SHUN CONTAINS INSIDE HIM THE SOUL OF THE FAMOUS ASSASSIN, JET BLACK WINGS!

Sero takes a step back, Kaido's sudden boost in confidence concerning him greatly.

Asui gets to her feet, her body still twitching slightly. She can feel her tongue is burnt, but it's now safely in her mouth. She opens her mouth slightly, hoping the air will help the burn. A sudden movement from behind her makes her jump, realizing that the fight isn't over yet. She turns around, preparing to fight, but is met with a stumbling idiot.

Kaminari sticks his thumbs out, stumbling over himself like a two-year-old. Asui tilts her head, unsure how she found herself in this situation. She sighs, walking over to her fried opponent. He mutters something incoherent, not bothering to struggle as Asui ties his hands behind him with the tape.

Kaido laughs, bringing his right hand in front of him and admiring the power emitting from it. He smirks as Sero shoots tape at him, easily dodging the attack. The assassin side of him takes over, allowing him to easily dive through the tape Sero had readied. He leaps for his adversary, bringing him to the ground. Kaido's hand glows purple as it descends toward Sero, ready to take out the other teen.

Sero quickly shoots tape out of his elbow, tearing himself away from Kaido's attack. Kaido's fist makes contact with the bare cement, creating cracks along it. Sero's eyes widen when he realizes that could've been his skull.

"Calm down, man!" He cries, suddenly terrified for his life. Kaido snaps his head toward Sero, standing up from his previous kneeling position. Sero gulps as he becomes aware of the blood lust overwhelming the room. "Snap out of it!" Kaido smiles, diving for Sero once more. Sero blindly blasts tape at Kaido, too panicked to aim.

By some miracle, Sero manages to capture Kaido, who angrily struggles in his cocoon of tape.

"The villains win!" All Might cheers through the communicators, clapping his hands together. Asui and Sero both sigh, relief overtaking them.