Chapter 30- He was There the Whole Time

Bakugo's being pretty dramatic. It's getting tiring.

I sigh, rubbing my temples as foreign thoughts rush into my mind.

I can't wait for this match!

This is going to be insane!

The next two young boys are both quite strong.

This oughta be interesting.

Damn, why is it always Class 1-A? We're better than them!

I try to block out the voices in vain, annoyed when they only get louder.

Man, Bakugo was hot in that last match.

That Bakugo kid was out of hand but... kinda cute...

I wonder if Bakugo would go out with me...

I want to hurt whoever hurt Bakugo.

Does Bakugo have a girlfriend?

I wish Bakugo would get on me and fu-

I reach into my pocket, slamming the ring on my finger and taking a deep breath when the voices are finally silenced.

I need to talk to Bakugo. This is getting out of hand... No, shut up. I didn't get rid of their thoughts of him just to think of him myself.

I shake my head, sighing as I continue to walk toward the arena.

My fight is up next. I need to focus. But if I win this, I'll have to fight the winner of Kaido and Bakugo... I don't want to- urgh. Focus, Kusuo. You know what mom will do if you lose... actually, I have no idea what she'd do. Why am I talking to myself? What the hell is happening?

I, deep in thought, don't notice the boy walking toward me. We bump into each other, neither of us paying attention.

"Watch where you're going, bas- Saiki?"

"Bakugo, hey." I take a step back, surprised. Bakugo is covered in scarlet red. His hands are coated, and his face sports splashes of the thick, warm liquid. I didn't watch his last match; I needed some time to think and...

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Leave me alone, Saiki," Bakugo mumbles, avoiding eye contact as he slips past me.

"But..." I reach for him, but he doesn't turn around. I sigh, staring after the boy.

What is happening to me?

"THE NEXT MATCH IS ONE THAT WILL KEEP ALL OF US IN SUSPENSE! IT'S KUSUO SAIKI VS. RIKI NENDO, BOTH FROM CLASS 1-A! MAN, AIZAWA, WHAT ARE YOU TEACHING THESE KIDS?"

"I can't teach talent, that's on them."

"THAT WAS... SURPRISINGLY INSPIRATIONAL!"

"Hmph."

"Hey, I'm their teacher too!"

The announcers ignore dad, drawing their attention instead to the arena.

My opponent is Nendo, so there's no point in taking off the ring, I can't read him anyway.

"Sorry, buddy, but buddy told me he'd by me ramen for a year if I beat you."

Probably because he knows you can't beat me.

"No hard feelings after this, right?" I shrug, clearly indifferent about the matter.