Chapter 60- Camp has Begun

"Now that you've finished up your first semester at UA high, it's time for summer vacation to officially begin. However, don't think these will be months of rest for you heroes in the making. At this camp, we'll push you to go beyond your limits. You're aiming to become plus ultra."

"Yes sir!" The class responds, not daring to complain about the news.

"I'm so siked! I've been looking forward to this camp all semester, Deku!" Uraraka smiles, her face mere inches away from Midoriya's. She ignores his red face, seemingly not catching on to his embarrassment.

"Yeah! It's definitely close, huh?"

So close...

"Let's hear it for camp!" Mera cheers, beginning a chant with a few others.

"Hey Saiki, where's your dad?"

He probably slept in. His loss.

"I HEARD SOME OF CLASS A IS TAKING EXTRA COURSES! DOES THAT MEAN THEY ACTUALLY FAILED THE FINAL EXAMS? THAT WOULD BE SO EMBARRASSING! ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE SO MUCH BETTER THAN MY CLASS! ALL OF YOU MUST BE WALLOWING IN SHAME!" Monoma yells, glee glistening in his eyes before he is silenced by Kendo's quick fist.

"Don't mind him." She smiles, dragging his limp body onto her bus.

"Oh! Class B!" Midoriya exclaims, turning to the students.

"It's nice to see you outside of the sport's festival! I guess now we're not technically rivals!"

"Oh, come on, we were never rivals!" Reita waves dismissively, nervously glancing at me.

"Yeah, we were," Aren states matter-of-factly, shrugging when Reita frantically hushes him. Kendo and Hairo announce that it's time to leave, and so the classes separate, each going into different busses. I teleport inside, gladly claiming the back seat.

"Yo, Bakugo, wanna sit by me?" Kaminari asks, gesturing to the seat next to him as he stares up at Bakugo.

"Why would I?" He grumbles, continuing back until he plops down beside me, throwing his head back as if already annoyed with the idea of camp.

You okay?

"Fine, thanks." I brush my leg against his, immediately feeling his heart rush as butterflies enter both of our stomachs. I glance over to the blonde, smirking to myself when I see the light pink dusting his ears.

Well, I made this awkward.

"Make sure you stay focused," Aizawa drones, glaring at his students.

"Why aren't we blasting some music?" Kaminari asks, though his question is drowned out by the constant rumble of the class. Aizawa grimaces, turning back to face the front.

Why do I even bother?

After a long ride, the bus slows, stopping on the side of the road. The students climb out of the bus, glad to finally be able to stretch their legs after the long ride.

"This isn't much of a rest area," Kirishima points out, glancing around for anything interesting to do while we wait.

"Wait, where's Class B?"

"That's strange."

"You don't really think we stopped here just so you could stretch your legs, do you?" Aizawa mumbles, his eyes dead with exhaustion.

"Hiya, Erasure!"

"Long time no see."

"Your feline fantasies are here! Say meow!"

"Purrfectly cute and cat-like girls."

"You can call us the... WILD, WILD PUSSYCATS!"

They haven't changed a bit.

"These are the pro heroes you will be working with at the summer training camp."

"They're a four-person rescue team who specializes in mountain rescues! The pussycats were founded when we were kids like, forever ago! This marks their twelfth year-"

"SAIKIII!!!!" The girls squeal, completely ignoring Midoriya and instead running up to me.

"It's been so long!"

It really hasn't.

"How have you been? Are you eating well?"

What are you, my mom?

"Aww, you're still so sweet!"

How do they know Saiki? Is it because of his dad?

I bet Saiki interned with them... but why?

"Hi, Saiki," Kota mumbles, waving his hand slightly.

Hi, Kota. I return a quick wave, not wanting to draw too much unwanted attention to the boy, who was already both annoyed and anxious around the older kids.

"Everyone, say hello." Aizawa orders, nodding as the class does as they're told.

"We own this whole stretch of land out here. Everything you can see! The summer camp you're staying at is there, at the base of the mountain!" Mandalay explains, pointing to the location of the camp.

"That's far!" The class gasps, their eyes wide.

"Well then why did we stop here?" Saiko questions, fanning himself with money. Mandalay raises an eyebrow at the boy, unsure how to react to him.

"I... think we all know the answer to that question." Asui frets, looking at her classmates to see if everyone thought differently.

"No... they wouldn't do that..."

"But... maybe we should get on the bus?"

"Yeah. Back on the bus, everyone!"

"The current time is 9:30 am. If you're fast about it, you might make it there by noon."

"N-no way."

"SAVE YOURSELVES!" Kirishima screams, running for the bus, mistakenly believing it to be safe.

"If you kitties don't make it there by 12:30, you won't get any lunch!" Mandalay coos, smiling innocently.

"You should've guessed, students. The training camp has already begun." Pixie-Bob places her paws on the dirt, smirking as she uses her quirk to throw all of us off the cliff. I levitate just off the cliff, glancing down to make sure Bakugo is okay. When I confirm that he's fine I look back to Mandalay, my eyes dead inside.

What do I do?

"I don't know, follow them?"

"Just, get out of here. Shoo!" Pixie-Bob waves her paws at me, as if I were a pesky bug. I shrug, teleporting to the base of the cliff with the rest of my classmates.

"Good news!" Mandalay yells, her voice easily reaching the students. "Since this is private land, you can use your quirks as much as you want to! You've got three full hours. You should be able to make it to the facility in that time. That is, if you can get through the Beast Forest!"

"The what?