chapter 81

Graces POV

My alarm went off at 6, and I jumped out of bed and hopped in the shower, I took a shower then got out and put on my girl business suit.

I french braided my hair and put on my black converse because I was told to have my hair up and black sneakers on.

I put on my makeup and went downstairs. I ate cereal, an apple, and drank water for breakfast.

I left Hayes a reminder note on the fridge that I was going to work an it would be helpful if he went food shopping today.

I got my phone, water, lunch, and purse and got in the car.

I drove to the FBI spot of my teams office and walked in.

"hi I'm grace dallas" I said to the lady at the front desk.

"hi, special agent kalan has been excited to see you since last night, I'll take you up" she said and led me up a flight of stairs after putting her thump print in this thing which unlocked the gate at the bottom of the steps.

we walked in and I saw about 6 desks, and all guys filled then except one, it was empty.

"hi, I'm agent kalan, were gonna have you take a test and depending on how you do will say if you start at the job today of next week after you take a few classes" kalan said and hook my hand.

I went into this solitary room which I'm guessing they use for interrogations, and took a written test.

it was really easy, it's just about what you would do in emergencys and all.

I handed the test to kalan and he graded it right there.

"grace, you A'ed it!" kalan said

"okay, so our team is like a family, your the only girl though, I'm the leader and all of the guys are here to help you and you give each other advice and back up and always work together" kalan said and then out a lap top on the desk in front of me.

"this is for work, this doesn't leave this building under any circumstances" he said

"yes, sir" I said

he took me to the empty desk and I'm guessing this is my desk.

"hi, I'm Antonio" the guy next to me said

"hi, I'm grace" I said

"I'll be here if you have any questions" he said

I learned everyone else's name and they all seem so nice.

"guys we have a scene, a little girl was abducted from her home last night, her name is giana Dupe, she's 9 years old. were going to her house now to question her parents and look at the scene" kalan said and showed us a picture of her.

we got with our partners and mine is Antonio.

we got in his work car which is all black and a mustang.

we sped to the scene and once we got there before we got out of he car Antonio handed me, my ID, gun, and badge.

"kalan didn't get to give this to you, let's go" he said and I put it all on and we got out.

we found a shoe print trail going outback, which is an alley way.

"Antonio, there's cameras here, we can probably get survalence from it" I said

"good look" kalan said and pulled the camera down, we sent it to our office and someone found a license plate number.

we tracked the car down and found it at an abounded building.

"Antonio and grace, take front, sam and mike, take back, the rest of you watch for a runner" kalan said

me and Antonio pulled out guns out and went in real quiet.

"no, just let me go home, I want my mommy and daddy, please" the little girl cried.

me and Antonio looked at eachother then ran in, "FBI HANDS IN THE AIR!" Antonio screamed.

the guy grabbed the girl and held a knife to her kneck. She started crying, "help me please" she said

"put the knife down" Antonio said

"if you put the knife down, you might possibly be able to walk out of here" I said

"is that true?" he asked

"yeah" Antonio said

"I just want my mommy and daddy" the little girl cried.

"what else?" the guy said

"we will give you $10,00, just let the girl go" Antonio said

"fine" the guy said and let the girl go who ran into my arms.

Antonio put the guy in hand cuffs, "hey buddy, your not getting any of that" Antonio said

the guy started freaking out, I put my arm around the girls shoulder as we walked out.

"your gonna be okay, your gonna go home to your mommy and daddy and you'll be safe" I said to her

"thank you so much" she said and hugged me

I hugged her back and I already loved this job.

she got in mine and Antonio's work car and we drove to her house.

we got to her house and she got out of the car and ran into her parents arms who were outside, her dad came over and shook my has and Antonio's hand and thanked us.

her mom came over and fell into Antonio's arms crying, "I can't thank you enough for saving my baby girl" she said

"I know, the same thing happened to my son, it was my partner that saved him, he died in the line of doing it though" Antonio said

the lady hugged me and then we got back in the car.

"Antonio, do all of out cases have to do with kids?" I asked

"a lot do, weather it's kid napping, abuse, one of their parents getting killed and them not having another" he said

"do you wanna talk about what happened to your partner" I asked

"my son was kidnapped, my partner got to the scene before me, he jumped right in front of my son and then on too if him and took a bullet to the back which killed him and saved my son, I thank him everyday" Antonio said

"I am so sorry" I said

we got back to the office and I filled out my paper work and kalan came in, "that was one hell of a first day, good job grace" he said and left

I closed my laptop and got in my car and drove home.

I walked in and smelled something good.

"Hayes?" I said through the house

"kitchen" I heard back and went in there.

"grilled cheese" I said looking around him and seeing it.

I sat at the island and Hayes sat across from me and we began to eat.

"how was work?" Hayes asked

"it was great, I love it. I got to save a 9 year old girl today" I said

"I'm happy you like it" Hayes said

"I am tired though" I said

"it's only 8" Hayes said

"and I have work for the next 3 days" I said and went up to bed.

Hayes laid next to me and wrapped his arms around me, "goodnight gracie, I love you"

"I love you hayes, good night" I said and closed my eyes.