Chapter 109

It's been days since I left New Orleans. Weeks actually. The others have called me wanting me to return to New Orleans. Cassius was still filming for his movie jumping around the studio in a suit. My phone rang and I looked at the caller ID. KLAUS. I sighed and answered. "Well it's good to know your phone actually works. We need your help." Klaus said. "Klaus...I'm a danger to Hope." I said. "Brother...This is about Hope...she's possessed by a dark magic." He said. My eyes widened before I hung up. I shoved my phone into my pocket and looked up from the floor with a glare and clenched jaws. I stalked out of the studio and sped back home.

H A Y L E Y

I looked around Klaus. "You think he'll come?" I asked. "You know better than to ask that question." Klaus said. "Sorry. But why does he answer when you call?" I asked. "I don't know, Hayley. Feel free to ask him when he gets here." Klaus said walking down the stairs. I sighed. Klaus stopped and looked at me. He sighed and grabbed my shoulders. "I'm sure he had good reason for not answering his phone. He said it himself, sweetheart. He's a danger to our daughter." Klaus said. "Doesn't make up for the fact that he couldn't answer his phone." I said. Klaus sighed. "He was probably doing what he does best, Little Wolf. Protecting his family." He said. "From what?" I asked. "From his demons." He answered with a hint of genuine sincerity in his voice. He gave me a small smile. "But...Mieczy is the only person right now...I trust besides you, and me with the safety of our daughter." He said standing tall. "If things turn ugly...you can count on Stiles to do anything...I mean anything to ensure that both you and our daughter remain safe and unharmed. Because no matter what terrible darkness resides within his cold soul..." Klaus explained with a couple of tears in his eyes.

"You better believe you and Hope are the two sparks that will light the fuse that will warm his heart. You give him something that neither I nor my siblings could....Unconditional love." He said as I stood in silence. "You bring out the one thing that I haven't seen since he was an innocent young boy. A time where he wasn't burdened with carrying the weight of the world on his undying shoulders. A time before his fear, unbridled rage, and an insatiable thirst consumed him. He used to be so full of life and love. He and I would venture into the forest...searching for the most vibrant of plants and berries. And we'd paint together. We didn't have to worry about having someone using dark magic against us because 1000 years ago...we were normal. We used to be a normal family trying to survive...much like what we are trying to do now. I'm the only person in his life that knows the troubles of being different from the rest of our family and the world." Klaus explained. "You must not blame my brother for something he can't control." He added before smiling and walking away. I was left standing alone in the square staring down at the floor.