Chapter 146

S   T   I   L   E   S

After getting Nik and I got Elijah's memories back, the three of us woke up. I looked around. Elijah sat up his eyes in tears. He took in a quick breath as he let out a sob. "Foxy?" I heard. I spun around to see Hayley. I ran to her and pulling her into a kiss. "Where are they?" I asked her. "I don't know...I just woke up." Hayley answered. I let out a sigh. I looked at the others who watching Elijah's memories resurfaced in overdrive. Elijah looked at me. "Brother...I'm so-" He started. "Save it, Elijah. I don't need your apology. Your word means nothing to me anymore. You want to make it up to me? Prove it." I said before walking away with Hayley.

T   H   E      N   E   X   T      D   A   Y

O   L   I   V   E   R

I woke up and found myself in my bedroom. I got out of the bed and looked around. I heard whispers in my mind. "Oliver?" I heard. I turned around to see my dad. "Dad." I said. "What did you do?" He asked looking me over. "I did an irreversible spell...that made me better." I answered him. "Kiddo. Why?" He asked. "I couldn't save mom." I told him. Dad dropped his head. "And you thought if you made yourself older...your power would grow as well." He said. "Yeah." I said. "Did you stop to think about what you might be making stronger besides you?" He asked. "No." I said shaking my head. "I'm not the only fox anymore, Ollie." He said. "And...I'm not the only one that carries the Nogitsune." He added. He tapped a finger to my chest. "You do." He said. "The fox inside you was supposed to grow in sync with you. But now, you aged what? 8 or 9 years? You just gave a demon fox 8 years of power in one day." He said putting his hands on my shoulders. "I wanted to be like you." He said. "I wanted you to be better." He said. "I've made many mistakes, Ollie. Mistakes that I wanted you to avoid. Now that you're a teenager...you're at your most unstable state. Your power is bound to grow exponentially every second, every minute, hour, and day. You're not like Hope, Oliver. You're like me. She won't have to deal with the things that you will have to. That I, myself, have gone through. That I still go through." He said. "I'm sorry." I said. "I know you are, buddy. And I get that you wanted to show me and your mom that you can protect her." He said pulling me into a hug before I cried into his chest. 

I sat at the table across from Hope. Uncle Nik, Aunt Freya, mom, and dad sat around us. "The curse that plagued our family for seven years has taken its toll on all of us. On our city. On our home. On our family. The consequences of us being together were grave, but today, thanks to you two, we celebrate a new beginning. One in which we have the freedom to stand side by side. And whatever trials may come, we will face them together, as a family. Always and forever." Klaus said raising a glass of orange juice into the air. "Would you please pass the beignets?" Hope asked looking at Freya. "Of course." Freya said grabbing the platter of delectable powdered pastries. "So...Ollie. I see you grew into yourself...overnight." Klaus said smirking at me. "And if I may...you're a spitting image of your father and your mother." He added pointing a fork at mom and dad. "What can I say? It's in my blood." I mumbled with a mouthful of beignets. Klaus chuckled with a smile shaking his head. "And...you have the playfulness of your uncle Kol." He added. "So, Rebekah will be back in a few days. She's just tying up some loose ends overseas." Klaus announced. "It'll be nice to have her here." Hope answered. "It'll be good to have all of us under one roof again." Freya chimed in. I sensed an unwanted presence. I looked to the right to see Uncle Elijah. Elijah looked at me and Hope. "Good morning." He said. "It was. Until you showed up." I said. Elijah pursed his lips. I looked away tightening my grip on the glass in my hand as I clenched my jaws. "Obviously, there is a lot for us to discuss. Hope, Oliver, let me begin by telling you how truly sorry..." He started. The glass in my hand exploded. The pieces fell to the table. "I'm out." I said standing up throwing my napkin onto the table and leaving. 

S   T   I   L   E   S

I stared at the broken pieces of glass and noticed that all of his silverware were bent. "That's not normal." Klaus said pointing at Hope's silverware. "I agree." I said staring pointedly at my son's place matt. "They're not normal. They nearly lost their mother, Niklaus. I shouldn't have come down here." Elijah said. "At least you can claim amnesia, unlike our sister, who willingly aided children in ruining their lives." Klaus said pointing at Freya. "Hope is not a child." Freya said. "Did you even consider what absorbing all that magic could do them?" Klaus asked. "And what choice did I have?" Freya asked him. "Deny her. Defy her. We had a plan to keep the dark magic away from her." Klaus said. "A plan that wasn't working." Freya said. "Yeah...and how about you tell me how you let Oliver turn himself into a 15 year old? Hmm? Because I would really like to know what you did to help with that." I said. "What Oliver did. He did by himself. You can't blame me for something that he did to himself." Freya said. "Actually, I can. Because he wouldn't have done it...if you had actually checked on him to make see what the bloody hell he was up to like any other responsible adult would." I argued getting to my feet and pointing at her. "Stiles." Hayley said grabbing my hand. "Yes, well, thanks to you, the magic of the Hollow has both of them now." Klaus said looking at Freya. "So, if my daughter and nephew should be harmed in any way, shape or form, I will hold you personally responsible." Klaus spat before leaving the room. I gently tugged away from Hayley's grip and walked away as well.