♪sectionals♪

quinn smiled at cass, hugging her, "home for the holidays just like we promised

quinn smiled at cass, hugging her, "home for the holidays just like we promised."

"guys, i-i"

puck smacked finn, "dude, if you start crying, i'm gonna kick your ass. group hug!"

"i missed you guys," cass laughed as puck squeezed her inbetween him and quinn. 

the alums who returned for the holidays sat in breadstix, listening to puck tell some ridiculous story, "so i said, "you girls are gonna need another cup." yeah, but, guys, i'd like to propose a toast: to almost all of us keeping our promise to come home for thanksgiving."

"cheers! cheers! here's to us."

mercedes took a drink of her pop, looking at the six others, "has anybody heard from rachel or kurt?"

"no."

mike avoided looking to finn, respecting the freshness of the breakup, "i know blaine's been texting him, but kurt won't text back."

"well, rachel e-mailed me," quinn revealed, quickly glancing at finn. "she said she's not really sure what she's doing for the holidays yet. i'm sorry about what went down with the two of you."

"no, it's cool. it's for the best," finn dismissed, anchoring himself on the edge of the chair. 

mercedes turned to quinn, changing the mood, "well, i think that it's sweet that you and rachel keep in touch, quinn."

"well, she basically e-mails me every other week to remind me that i still haven't used the train ticket that she gave me. i'm just, i'm trying to keep straight a's. and i just got tapped to be in the only female secret society at yale. former members: hillary clinton, jennifer beals."

"you go, girl," puck cheered putting some of his tea in hers.

cass smiled to finn, "well, i, for one, would love to talk about everybody that is here. we have a favor to ask."

"oh god, cass what do you need?" mike groaned laughing.

finn and cass sat with the new directions as the alums stood in front of them, "all right, do you realize, standing before you are legends? any single one of these guys could be president of the united states one day."

"i don't know about that," cass laughed, sticking her tongue out at puck who in turned flipped her off.

finn continued laughing at the exchange, "and lucky for us, they've agreed to help us."

"hang with the new chumps and see if some of our sheer awesomeness doesn't rub off on you. it will," puck guaranteed, fist bumping mike. 

cass rolled her eyes at the boys, "when you hear your name, pair up. puck, you're with your brother. mike, you're with ryder. marley, you're with santana. kitty, you're with quinn. wade, mercedes."