♪shoot♪

will schuester excitedly came into the auditorium with a piece of mail after cass finished the new directions booty camp in preparation for the upcoming regionals, "i hold in my hand, ladies and gentlemen, our competition for regionals. drumroll, please. from north central high school in indianapolis, the hoosierdaddies."

"that's very clever," tina snickered to logan, leaning against his shoulder.

"and from our lady of perpetual loneliness in battle creek, michigan, the nun-touchables."

blaine, who was leaning again logan's other shoulder, leans forward, making tina and logan lean that way at the sudden shift in weight distribution, looking to mr. schuester, "wait, is that a convent?"

will and cass share a laugh before the teacher attempts to encourage his students, "guys, i like our chances against both these squads, but we still got a lot of work to do."

brittany stands up, not having heard a word that mr. schuester had said, "mr. schue, please stop talking. i have an announcement. i regret to inform you a deadly asteroid is headed our way."

blaine narrowed his eyes at the cheerio, seeing the assistant director roll her eyes as well, "wait, didn't we just go through this at christmas?"

"yeah, and is it true you and sam got married?" tina asked shocking cass, the one person everyone made sure to not tell about sam and britt's end of the world marriage.

cass' eyes grew wide, turning to her ex-boyfriend, "you did what?!"

blaine, logan and sam all share a look of terror before hissing at their unofficial fourth musketeer, "shut up, tina!"

britt, avoiding cass' eye, continued, "i'm naming this comet tubbington-bopp, and it is headed straight for lima."

"wait, so is it an asteroid or a comet?" artie questioned, genuinely confused.

"it's both."

marley narrowed her eyes at the super senior, still not quite adjusted to her antics, "wouldn't nasa know something about this?"

"we can't trust nasa," britt told her, matter of factly. "i mean, last month a meteor exactly like tubbington-bopp hit russia with no warning at all."

artie rolled his eyes at the blonde, "oh, so now it's a meteor."

"that's right, artie, and when this meteorite hits, i will not be spending my time in this room preparing for regionals. i will be spending my last hours making amends with somebody who i need to get right with. someone who i love very much, lord tubbington. so go back to your homes and hide your wife, hide your kids and hide your wife. mckinley high, i salute you."

will and cass shared a concerned look as brittany s. pierce left the stage.

the following day, will and cass sat in front of the new directions, will taking a poll, "all right. show of hands. who's worried about brittany's meteor/asteroid/comet prediction?"

when only sam raised his hand in response, mr. schue chuckled continuing his speech, "well, here's how i see it. there are two possible outcomes. first, the meteor misses us and we go to regionals and we kick butt, which will only happen if we prepare. or we only have a few days to live and if that's the case, we need to say everything we need to say to the people we love. i can tell you from those couple of weeks where i couldn't talk to emma that there is nothing worse than unfinished business with the one you love. and meteor or no meteor any moment you have with those people might be your last one. bruce springsteen always says that he plays every show as if it's his last, and that is the kind of urgency we need at regionals this year. so this week we're either gonna sing our last songs to each other or get in touch with what it feels like to do that. okay, everyone. let's make the most of it."