one.

"Luke, you're really going to make us watch this? The Super Bowl is on."

"Since when have you in your life ever watched football?" I ask, not paying attention to them as my eyes gaze over the screen.

I watch the countless amount of celebrities that walk by and talk about things I couldn't care less about. They all seem more worried about showing off their expensive outfits, as opposed to, promoting the movie the interviewer is asking about.

"Yeah, but I feel like watching the super bowl and drinking beers is like an obligated thing men must do," Michael comments before sitting beside me on the couch. "How else am I supposed to know that Tom Brady isn't one of the kids in the Brady Bunch?"

Everyone groans, clearly remembering the story a lot clearer than they'd like to. I shake my head at the memory of us almost getting kicked out of Calum's fraternity party because someone asked Michael if he liked Tom Brady or Drew Brees better. Michael had regrettably said he had no idea because he hadn't ever seen the Brady Bunch.

By the way the guy reacted, you would've thought that someone had just told him he wasn't going to get laid that night.

"Yeah, maybe we should turn it on for Michael's sake," Ashton adds as he takes a seat in our apartment as well.

He sits in our leather chair in the corner that's older than all four of us combined. In fact, I'd say the same about our apartment with certainty. We scouted out the cheapest apartment we could possibly find in Los Angeles and as a result, hardly have room for the four of us to be in here at once.

I guess that's what happens when you're in your last semester of college and trying to desperately make it as a musician. For the most part, our parents discouraged it and tried to convince us to stay in Australia but we knew opportunities would be slim to none out there.

So, we spent two years back in Australia, as Calum and I had taken online classes, and we all spent any free time gigging and busking in order to save up and move out here.

I don't think any of us were prepared for how expensive it is out here. The only reason we're still here is because people do regularly book us at small bars that feel guilty enough for the four Australian boys who just want to make it.

My parents, along with Calum's, said they'd only allow the move if we graduated college with a degree in order to have a back up plan. I argued relentlessly considering I hardly made it through high school before I dropped out to pursue music.

However, unfortunately that was the deal that got me out here and I held up my side and am currently finishing up my last year. Never in a million years would I have seen myself on track to graduate in May.

"Yeah, no one's going to give a shit when I know all this useless information about movie star Haven Morano," Michael says, dramatically.

"Shh," I say silenting him instantly as she appears on screen.

I feel warmness take over me at the sight as she looks incredible as always. Her smile is contagious, but I bite back a mirroring smile for my own sake considering I know I won't hear the end of it if any of them see me smiling over the screen.

"Oh no, Luke's about to make a pit stop in boner town," Michael says, as they are all well aware of my love towards the girl who will never in a million years know my name.

I ignore his comment as I look at the black dress she wears with confidence. I eye her shamelessly and can't help but wonder how one person can be so damn attractive.

The feeling of warmness quickly washes away once I see her boyfriend, Jake Thompson, approach her and sling his arm around her waist with a cocky smile.