fifty-nine.

Luke's POV:

"That's a joke, right?"

I furrow my eyebrows, hearing Haven's hushed, concerned voice as she walks out of her bedroom, leaving me here as I just barely woke up.

I feel the predicted pain shoot me as I no doubt deserve it after practically drinking myself into a coma last night. I feel sick to myself just thinking about how much I drank last night considering I don't think I've ever drank that much in my life.

As a result, it ended in me acting like a fucking idiot due to my own insecurity. Hell, I didn't even know I was feeling that insecure until I was practically a whole bottle of tequila deep and terrified of the thought of Haven leaving me for Zac Efron.

Because of this, I made it seem like I don't trust her and I absolutely hate myself for it.

Placing my hands over my face, I dig my head further against the pillow and almost wish I never woke up. I've got a lot of apologizing to do and I frankly don't even know where to start.

"But how is it focused on me?" Haven asks, her voice raising a little. "What could I have possibly done to be the-"

Hearing the stress in her voice, I know I should get up and see what's going on. Especially because her tone is unsettling and I feel a desire to be there for her regardless of the fact that she probably hates my guts right now.

I get up from her comfortable bed, feeling the nausea from my actions from the night before take over me. I try not to show the discomfort on my face as I make my way towards Haven who stands in the hallway, attempting to talk quietly on the phone as I'm sure she's trying to refrain from waking me up.

"But how come it's about me?" she asks, her voice confused. "How is that fair?"

I hear the sadness in her voice and I want nothing more than to pull her into my arms and let her know that I'm here. However, I feel like whatever conversation she's having is important and she needs to have it without my interruption.

"I-I don't know what to say then," she says, shaking her head. "I'm literally at a loss for words. I can't believe this."

I bite my lip, my only nervousness taking over me as I just want to know what's going on. The pain is evident in her voice and it's so hard for me to hear.

"He's asleep," she says. "I'll talk to him when he wakes up."

This immediately grabs my attention as I have no doubt she's referring to me. How come I was brought into the conversation so quickly? This couldn't possibly be about me, right?

"I just- I need some coffee, this is too much right now," Haven says, dragging a hand through her hair. "Can we talk about this later?"

I contemplate making my presence known but decide to wait until the conversation is wrapped up in order to do so. I don't want to just jump in and interrupt her.

"It's not his faul- I know, but he was just drun-"

She shuts her mouth as the person on the other line is clearly speaking over her. I feel a tightening in my stomach as it's further confirmed that they're discussing me. Obviously they are if they're talking about someone who was "just drunk" last night.

"I'll talk to him, okay?" she says, her tone exhausted. "It won't happen again."

I feel so much anger towards myself as I hear her defend me. She shouldn't feel the need to defend me when I had acted the way I did. Especially because she thinks I'm asleep. She could've at least said something bad in hopes that I wouldn't hear.