twelve.

It really wasn't long before we were all throwing back drinks as if it was our job and getting as belligerent as we possibly could.

Every single one of us had a lot more alcohol than we probably should've but no one had any intentions of slowing down.

I've managed to pace myself in the way that I'm not falling over anything yet but I definitely am buzzed and there's no denying that. I blame that on the absurd amount of tequila I've drank tonight.

In fact, I've spent so much time drinking, I've hardly talked to Haven at all as she's been seemingly making friends with everyone. It's clear she's the life of the party at the bar as most people recognize her and she doesn't hesitate to talk to whoever wants to talk with her.

She's been hanging around a group of guys who eye her in ways that make me want to pull her away from them but I refrain from doing so for obvious reasons.

To anyone, their interaction would come off as completely flirtatious but I know Haven's just drunk and being a lot friendlier than she would normally. However, I don't think the guys see it that way.

"Your shot, Hemmo."

Tearing my gaze away from Haven, I see Calum looking to me as he signals for me to finish the game. After all, I only have to get two more balls in and then I win the game. I know I can make it in this last turn.

I don't know how Calum expected to be able to play this game plastered when he can hardly play it sober. The difference is, I can play this game no matter if I'm blacked out or stone-cold sober.

He's lucky we didn't put any money on the table.

Walking around the table, I pick my position before spotting a solid ball that is the last one I need to knock in before the 8-ball. Calum watches me carefully, his arms crossed over his chest as he certainly silently prays that I miss the shot.

Leaning over the table, I lead the cue with my left arm and pull it back with my right. I close one eye, biting down on my bottom lip as I eye the shot that should be easy.

Forcing the cue stick forward, I hit the ball gently and it falls into the pocket causing me to smirk. I stand up straight and put myself in the direction of the 8-ball.

"I need a new friend to play pool with," Calum complains as he still has four balls on the table.

"Don't be a sore loser," I joke as I line myself up once more.

I close my left eye and slip my pointer finger over the stick, tugging it down in order to gain more control as my lips part in focus. My head is hazy but my attention is on this game only as I attempt to wrap it up.

"And..." I say before tugging back the stick before applying pressure to the white ball. "Game."

I stand up to watch the shot follow, seeing the way the ball falls into the pocket and Calum immediately groans. I chuckle and go to return the cue stick as another game has ended.

"I don't know why you still try," Crystal says. "He always kicks your ass."

"Yeah, well I'm going to kick his ass at pool one day," Calum says stubbornly.

"Doesn't seem like it," Aspen responds.

Calum pouts, clearly catching onto the fact that no one believes in him but him. After all, they've seen him play against me and it's never a close game.

"I'm going to prove you all wrong, just wait!" Calum says, returning his cue stick as well.

"Where's Haven?" Crystal asks, clearly seeming to just notice now notice her absence.