thirty-seven.

Haven's POV:

"Luke are you sure you know what you're doing?"

"Of course I do," he says, under the car. "I'm a man, men know how to do this stuff."

I crack a smile as even I can pick up the hesitance in his voice as I sit on the hood of his car and dangle my legs from it, watching him attempt to get us back on the road. I'll admit, I did believe him at first when he said he'd be able to fix the thing but I'm far past that point as I'm just waiting for him to give up.

"So is that why we've been sitting here for almost an hour?" I ask my tone teasing considering I really don't mind that this happened. It certainly has given us something to do and laugh about and it's not like I have anywhere to be.

"Shh," he says, his smile evident by the tone of his voice.

I have offered several times to call someone to come help but Luke insisted that he's done this so many times and he doesn't need help. I've given him the benefit of the doubt because I'm sure he wants to save the day but my confidence in him is washing away

As he explained, no one's driven by due to the fact that we're in an area that really isn't crowded with many people. Of course, this is just our luck considering now we're truly screwed as Luke's taken the full responsibility of fixing this thing regardless of the fact that he clearly doesn't know how to.

Nonetheless, I'm absolutely surprised that Luke's managed to find all these areas in a city like Los Angeles but he seems to clearly know it better than myself. I didn't know there were many unpopulated areas of Los Angeles as I've only ever been in the chaotic areas. 

It's definitely nice to know that there are escapes in such a big city. 

"I think we've definitely earned some tequila tonight," I laugh.

Luke lets out a scoff, "You're telling me."

If he manages to get this car going, I will most definitely be impressed because it's something I'd never be able to do. However, he said that his car breaks down all the time and that it's nothing new to him.

"Are you sure there's nothing I can do to help?" I ask once more.

I've insisted on helping several times but he told me to just sit back and hold tight. I'm sure he hasn't asked me to help because it seems he doesn't even know what he's doing.

"Just your moral support," Luke says before there's a loud bang. "Ow- fuck."

My eyes widen and Luke moves out from under the car where I see a cut on his forehead as he wipes at it with his arm.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Fuck this thing," he says, tossing the rag on the ground that he had been using.

I place my hand over my mouth to attempt to cover my laugh but it's evident regardless as I can't hold it back. I reach my hand out for him, wanting to help him for the cut on his head.

"Come here, let me help," I say.

"No," he whines, his lips pouting slightly as he turns away.

I grab onto his hand and tug him towards me as I see the defeat on his face as he clearly wanted to be able to do this but got injured in the process.

I eye the cut above his eyebrow that luckily is just a scratch and isn't too deep. I don't know much about cleaning cuts, but if I do know anything, the least we can do is wash it out.