fourty-eight.

Haven's POV:

"Haven, Zac, before you leave... can I have a word?"

Zac and I both look over our shoulder as we were headed out the door together and spot John, the director of the film, signaling us over.

Zac and I both exchange a confused look before abiding by his request and walking back over.

We've spent a lot of time in this room over the past few days as we've done an insane amount of read overs and have been preparing to get on set. In fact, I feel as if we've been in here morning to night just reading and reading and reading.

Not that I've minded considering it's something I'm well used to. However, when I get home, I'm certainly exhausted. It helps that Luke's been equally as busy meeting with Ian and writing with the guys, plus fitting in schoolwork, but I've hardly found a moment to catch my breath.

Once he comes to mine for the night, most of the time we just order food and lay in bed then call it quits. It seems as if neither of us have the energy to do anything anymore.

John said he'd like to have us on set within a week or two which is crazy to me. To think that we'll begin filming shortly is astonishing as I feel like I was just signing off on the papers for this movie just the other day.

It's nice to see us making progress but I'm fearful my energy is only going to be further wiped. I'm too young to be feeling this tired all the damn time.

As we approach John, Zac is the first to ask what's up as John wears a friendly smile as if attempting to wipe away any nervousness we may have regarding the situation.

"I think you two have done an incredible job working together this far, even just as you're reading the scripts," John says simply. "You two clearly work very well together and it's been great to work with you two."

A small smile spreads on my lips as I'm happy to hear this. It's a confirmation that's settling considering there are moments where I'm fearful that what I'm giving isn't enough. I always feel like there's more I can give and for him to tell me I'm doing great, it's a pat on the back for sure.

"I think the people are going to love the two of you," he says. "This movie's potential is a lot bigger than I ever imagined it to be."

His tone isn't comforting as I feel like this is going to be followed up with a but. I can see it in his eyes that he's got more to say that has the potential to go against what he's saying now.

"And..." Zac says, seeming to think the same.

"I'm not trying to ask for much but I'd like for the public to see more of the two of you together," he says, making me raise an eyebrow. "Just the two of you out as friends, going to get coffee, going to a party together, taking a selfie, whatever it entails. I want people to love your friendship as that will be great press for the movie."

I look to Zac as I see no harm in this. We do get along well and because of that, I don't mind spending extra time with him if it will benefit the movie.

"I mean hell," John continues. "Even just on the lunch break you guys get. You could go grab something to eat together or whatever it is that gets the people's attention."

"I'm fine with that," I say simply.

All attention turns to Zac and he just shrugs it off, clearly not minding either. He's really not asking for much, only for us to be friendly in public and that's not a crime.

"Cool," John says, clapping his hands together. "I think it's just what we need for this movie to take off and will be super beneficial for all of us. We'll give you two a long break tomorrow in order to do something that will get people's attention."