sixteen.

Luke's POV:

Haven ended up staying a lot longer that I thought she would've.

After I dried myself of all the advice I could've possibly given her, I can tell she's still unsure of what she plans on doing next.

It amazes me that she can be so torn over someone who has gone out of his way to treat her so horribly. To me, it's a no brainer and I think she should one hundred percent break up with him but I don't know her relationship with him like she does.

Obviously there's something that's keeping her holding onto him instead of breaking up with him as anyone would've done at this point. She won't share much besides the fact that there's more to him than the public knows.

Once our conversation wrapped up, I figured she'd be grabbing her things and making a beeline for the door but instead she laid back on my bed and started asking me about my class and what we were learning.

She made new conversation easily and a part of me believes that she doesn't want to leave here and go back to hers. I can only assume it's because Jake is there. After all, hearing the news that he's putting a halt to the progress in her career, I'm just as pissed off at him as she is.

This is something she's worked hard on her own to achieve and that jackass is going to screw that up if she keeps him around.

"Where's everyone else?" she asks curiously.

"Calum's got some fraternity thing, Michael's probably at Crystal's, and Ashton is probably working out."

Haven sits up from my bed, shooting up an eyebrow as she asks, "Calum's in a fraternity?"

"Yeah, Sigma Chi," I say, not offering much because I never had an interest in joining Greek Life. To me, all it is is a concept of paying an organization in order to have friends and have parties. On top of that, they're allowed to haze you and torture you and you have to pay them to do so.

"I forget that those are a thing beyond movies," she says mostly to herself. "Are the parties fun?"

I shrug as they're nothing special but they're not bad. I've certainly been to better parties but I've also definitely been to worse. However, it's the best we can get considering it's the only fraternity party we can go to because we know Calum. Any other fraternity will turn us away immediately if we can't name anyone in the house.

"Depends on what your definition of fun is," I say chuckling to myself as I somehow don't feel horrified to talk to Haven.

Talking with her is easy as she comes off as just a normal girl. She doesn't give off a vibe that spells Hollywood and it's impossible to struggle when talking with her.

My insides are another story as I feel every emotion possible and try to tame my heartbeat as I remind myself that she's sitting in my room. Not only that, but she's literally sitting on my bed where I sleep every night and I have no doubt her smell will linger on the sheets.

Regrettably, this is the same bed I left Kristen's bra in after she stayed the night just a few nights ago.

I wanted to smack myself in the face when she had exposed the pink bra that even I know is too big for Kristen. I should've tossed it out the door with her or at least thrown it somewhere where it's unseen.

"You think he'd let me come to the next one?" she suggests.

My eyes widen in horror as I'd never want for her to go to one of LMU's scummy fraternity parties. They're all filled with horny boys who are hungry to find their target to take to bed that night. I know if we were to bring Haven with us, every single guy there would be undressing her mentally and trying to put together a plan on how to get her home with them.