thirteen.

Haven's POV:

"No, the best part was when he knocked your ball in, you should've seen his face."

Luke chuckles, bringing the glass to his lips as he recalls the memory that wasn't too long ago. We all decided to end the night at a diner down the road and ordered milkshakes the sizes of our heads. The guys had also ordered food but the rest of us knew we wouldn't be able to stomach anything else.

"I don't know why he was so confident he was going to win," Luke says, sitting back in the booth as he keeps one hand wrapped around his milkshake glass..

"He wanted to prove me wrong," I say, speaking up as I remember our discussion moments before he challenged Luke. All attention turns to me and I continue provide an explanation for how this all started in the first place. "I told him you were the best pool player in the world."

"In the world? I wouldn't go that far," Calum says as he sits closely to Aspen.

Aspen was the first to enter the booth and Calum quickly shoved all aside in order to sit next to her. It was impossible to miss as he climbed into the booth with no hesitation.

"I would," Luke says, nonetheless.

"I would too," I say, sticking up for my argument I had made. "He made that game look easy."

"She's just saying that so you split the earnings with her," Calum says, looking at Luke who sits beside me. I shoot him a teasing glare due to his lack of confidence in me. However, a part of me knows he's just messing around.

Little does he know that Luke has relentlessly tried to give me back the three hundred but I've refused to accept it. I put it down on the table and was happy to contribute regardless of the fact that I'd lose it no matter what.

It was part of the fun and something that certainly didn't bother me. If it did, I wouldn't have put it down and I don't want Luke to feel obligated to give it back to me.

I don't want it back considering Luke won the game fair and square and he earned the money.

"I've tried," Luke says. "She's more stubborn than Ashton."

Ashton narrows his eyes and I can only imagine how stubborn he is if he goes against me. After all, Luke has literally tried everything to get me to take it back but I eventually just stopped listening to him.

"I want three hundred dollars," Michael says, mostly to himself. "That's like a month of food right there."

"Me too, if I write you a poem will you pay me three hundred dollars?" Calum asks me.

I laugh at this and shake my head considering I don't feel a need to be stingy with my mom, but I certainly don't throw it around. Maybe some will argue that me putting three hundred dollars on the game was me throwing it around. However, to me, I can accept it as a proper night out.

"Then learn how to play pool correctly," Luke says, twirling his straw around his milkshake.

"You refuse to help me! It's not my fault I grew up with a sister and not two brothers who specialize in pool," Calum says, his voice sounding defeated.

Ah, so that's where Luke learned.

It must've been fun for them all to learn from one another and play together growing up. I can only imagine what their games are like now.

"I've tried to teach you so many times, Calum. You're a terrible listener," Luke says, as he brings his milkshake to his lips and I notice he's pretty much done the thing.