eleven.

"So who are these people again?"

Jake's tone is clearly unamused as our uber pulls up to the bar that's on a side of town that we don't go to. He made sure to check several times if I actually wanted to come here instead of a club. I made it clear that I'm adamant in coming here tonight and I don't have plans to go anywhere else.

"It's Crystal's best guy friends," I say as he opens the door of the uber in order to jump out.

"And they're playing here?"

He seems repulsed by the idea of this bar and probably further repulsed at the thought that they're not big enough to play somewhere nicer. After all, Jake only surrounds himself with people who have a big name and VIP booths at the best clubs.

"Just give it a chance," is all I say, due to the fact we haven't even stepped inside yet.

I follow his lead and I can see how reluctant he is by the look on his face. I'm surprised he actually stuck to his word and decided to come with me tonight. Especially because one of the Paul brothers is having a huge party at their place and they had begged him to come.

I know he wanted to give in and he probably almost did but nonetheless, here we are standing outside the bar that will be nowhere near as crazy as a majority of his nights out.

Jake leads the way towards the bouncer at the door and doesn't wait for me or grab my hand to keep me close. I force myself not to dwell on this considering he hardly ever holds my hand. It's as if he doesn't yearn for simple forms of contact like I do.

"ID," the bouncer says, making Jake immediately scoff.

He looks absolutely bewildered as he shoots up an eyebrow and seems to be in clear disbelief.

"Don't you know who I am?" he challenges.

"No which is why I'm asking for your ID," he says, entirely unamused. "No ID, no entry."

"I haven't had my ID checked in-"

"Jake, just give him your ID," I say to him, feeling embarrassed that this is even happening right now.

All he needs to do is hand over his license and it will all be over. The bouncer isn't asking for Jake's social security number.

Jake abides as he digs into his pocket to pull out his wallet while grumbling under his breath. I reach into my own bag to pull out my wallet in order to provide my own as well.

"Unbelievable, you're lucky I had it," Jake says, handing over the ID.

The bouncer luckily doesn't address Jake's attitude as he only seems concerned in checking the ID. He hands it back over, his stare blank as I can see the fury in Jake's eyes.

Just as I go to hand over my ID, the bartender waves me off, "You're good, Ms. Morano."

I raise my eyebrows, shocked that he's letting me go in easily but gave Jake a hard time. I understand he probably doesn't know who Jake is but I'm surprised he didn't hesitate before allowing me entry.

"Is that a fucking joke?" Jake asks, clearly not having it.

"Thank you," I say to the bouncer before grabbing onto Jake's hand. "Come on, let's go."

"What a fucking asshole, I can't believe him. He's lucky I'm even at his shitty bar."

I tug him inside, not wanting to piss off the bouncer and get denied entry. After all, maybe that's his plan considering he doesn't want us to be here in the first place.