seventy-two.

"Do you have to leave?"

Luke chuckles, running his hand through my hair before saying, "Yes baby, I'll be back in like an hour."

I pout, not pleased by this. Mostly because Gabriella and Vanessa are coming over to talk about things and I don't want to face it alone. A part of me has a bad feeling about it but I try to tell myself that things can't possibly get worse.

Well, maybe that's the Lexapro talking.

Had I not taken it this morning, I'm sure I'd be thinking of every negative outcome to come out of today possible. Instead, I've managed to think about the good things that could come out of it.

Maybe they're about to tell me about a new job I've been offered. Or maybe they're going to talk about their plan in order to get me to where I need to be. Or maybe they're going to tell me they're going to do whatever they can to get me back to where I was.

After all, they're a part of my team and I'm sure they're going to work their asses off to make this successful for all of us.

"But an hour is long," I say, my lips creeping into a smile as I know I'm being petty.

Either way, I can tell Luke doesn't mind it as he looks to me with the same loving eyes as always and doesn't dare to break our gaze. Due to this, I'm appreciative that I can still be whiny around him and not face the consequences of doing so.

"How will my princess survive?" Luke asks jokingly.

"I won't," I say to him, looking at him with wide eyes.

"Mhm," Luke says, kissing the top of my head before putting me on my feet so I'm no longer sitting on his lap. I groan at this, already missing the contact between the two of us as Luke shoots me a loving look. "Maybe I'll finally teach you how to play pool when I get back."

I raise my eyebrows, "Do you not remember what happened last time you tried to teach me how to play pool?"

"Oh I remember good and well," Luke says, a smirk crossing his lips. "That's why I want to try and teach you again."

I can't help but laugh considering I get what he's hinting at and I just stick my tongue out at him. I feel guilty considering I really have put a stop to any sexual gestures Luke has made. My desire to partake in the activity has been at an all time low and I can tell Luke is getting mildly frustrated.

He would never say anything but I can see it in his eyes every time I turn him down and suggest we do anything else. I don't blame him considering it really isn't that fair and I haven't exactly given him a reason as to why I'm not in the mood to do anything of the sort.

I'm sure he's confused as can be.

"Maybe," I say nonetheless, my tone teasing.

This is enough to make a smile appear on Luke's lips as he probably hears certainty in my words. Maybe I can try and go through with it... maybe it'll be fine once I'm actually doing it?

God, I hope.

"Or, I can actually make you try to learn," he says, knowing that I get frustrated too easily and I won't want to do that.

"We both know how that's going to end," I joke.

"I think you just need to work on your patience," Luke says, grabbing my hand in order to play with my fingers and increase the contact between the two of us.

"I have plenty of patience," I say, causing him to instantly shoot up his eyebrows. "For you and other things I actually enjoy."

"Mhm, and what about the things you don't enjoy?"