seventeen.

pre a/n (plz read):

hey guys 

so my Wattpad has been EXTREMELY messed up and hasn't been notifying all of my followers, only a select few. i can't even post a message on my message board, only some messages work so it's been almost 78 hours of hell, and me yelling at Wattpad. 

with that being said, I posted a chapter 16 so PLEASE read it if you haven't. it contains pertinent stuff to this chap so this chap won't make sense if u haven't read it. 

anyway, I'm going to continue an a/n at the end so enjoy reading for now!!

Haven's POV:

I get home with a lot on my mind.

Mostly because it's been an eventful day that has only left me confused as ever. Not only that, but it was oddly interrupted by a girl who had venom in her words and vengeance in her gaze.

I figured it wasn't a place for me to be considering she clearly wasn't happy to see me there. Obviously her and Luke have something going on and she wasn't too pleased to see another girl around him.

A part of me feels guilty as I had practically invited myself over and stayed much longer than he probably thought I would. There was just a huge part of me that didn't want to leave and wanted to continue spending time with someone who managed to take my mind off things and put my mind at rest.

His advice was better than I could've imagined and I know he was trying to see both sides of things. This was all I wanted as he heard me out and allowed me to speak of the good in the relationship, as opposed to just cutting me off and silencing anything that could be good coming from Jake Thompson.

Once I felt like I said everything I needed to say, and heard everything he had to offer, I knew I didn't want to leave. I wanted to just stay and chat with someone who I find such comfort in talking to. Talking with him is easy and nothing ever feels forced.

I can say with certainty that I'm super glad I met Luke Hemmings.

There's not many people I say that about because most people I meet, I never see them again or I don't really take the time opening up to them. I don't know what it is about Luke that struck something different in me and made me feel like I could spill my life story to him and he wouldn't blink an eye.

He's a person in my life that I never realized I needed.

"There you are," I hear Jake's voice say, pulling me out of my thoughts as I see him shirtless, with a bottle of whiskey in his hand. "I was just about to head to the Paul's."

Of course he is.

"How are you getting there?" I ask, eyeing the bottle of liquor and how some of it has clearly been drunk.

"Driving, how else?" he practically snorts.

"You've been drinking, Jake."

"And?"

Squeezing my eyes shut, I imagine the headlines of Jake Thompson getting pulled over and arrested for a DUI. Furthermore, I imagine the article focusing solely on me.

"Do you know how dangerous that is?" I challenge.

He scoffs, waving his hand at me, "I'm fine, I think I know when I can drive and when I can't."