thirty.

Luke's POV:

Tonight would've been absolutely perfect.

    The crowd was incredible, our set was even better, we brought energy that I didn't know we had in us, and we even played two encores.

    Needless to say, the crowd loved it.

    The size of the crowd had tripled in size from our last show and I'm sure we have the article to thank for that one. Especially considering everyone spent a lot of time screaming for me and begging for me to touch their hand.

    I abided because I felt a need to feign off of it. The attention was incredible, the sound of them screaming my name was something I want to hear for the rest of my life, and I felt like we actually have made progress as a band.

    Even if we have some shitty article to thank for it, it still is a step I couldn't see us making for a long time.

    It was almost perfect considering one thing was missing, Haven Morano.

    I stepped out on stage and was instantly overwhelmed by the crowd as I struggled to find her and figured it was just due to the absurd amount of people who had managed to squeeze into the tiny bar.

    However, the second I found Aspen and Crystal, they both shot me a sympathetic smile and I knew in that moment that Haven wasn't at the show.

    It hurt like hell but I tried not to let it bother me as I knew we had a full show ahead of us and all of these people have high expectations. They expected a good show and I made damn sure we gave them that.

    I just don't know what happened between the time she said she would come and the actual show itself. She assured me that she would be there and wouldn't miss it for the world.

    What could've possibly came up?

    "Holy shit, that show was incredible," Calum says as we make our way outside of the bar.

    The bar unfortunately doesn't have a backstage area so we were required to drive one of our cars so we could travel with all of our equipment and throw it in. They showed us a side door we could use in order to get in and out easily so we all ran out after our set in order to throw it all in and enjoy the night.

    "That was by far my favorite show. Did you see the size of that crowd?" Michael asks, exasperated as we're all trying to let it sink in.

    "Yeah, so you're welcome for having a loud mouth," Calum says to everyone, but to me especially. "We know they didn't just come out of nowhere."

    I guess Calum does deserve some recognition because it did do a lot for us. This has the potential to allow for our band to continue growing as we have more people to spread the word about us.

    "Well, I wouldn't exactly thank you but-"

    "Nice show boys," I hear Crystal's voice from behind us making me turn around. I spot her and Aspen walking over, proud smiles on their faces and my heart sinks once more as Haven still isn't with them.

    What the hell happened?

    "That first song was brilliant and-"

    "Where's Haven?" I ask, immediately cutting off Aspen as my eyebrows are furrowed.

    A small part of me believed that maybe she came late and squeezed into the back of the crowd where I couldn't see her. However, due to her current absence, I figure that this isn't true.

    "She got mobbed," Aspen explains making my eyes widen. "People were animalistic and crowded her for photos to the point where she practically couldn't breathe so security helped her out."