forty.

As expected, it wasn't long before everyone had drifted off their own ways leaving Luke and I by ourselves. I can only imagine what everyone else has occupied themselves with considering Hollywood isn't exactly friendly with unfamiliar faces.

    Luke has stuck by my side and has met everyone who's gone out of their way to fake be nice to me even though I could practically see them roll their eyes the second they turned the other way.

    Luckily I've managed to avoid Jake thus far and haven't had any problems but I know better than to assume that there won't be any. I'm sure he has no idea that I'm here and that's why we've managed to avoid any problems.

    However, the second he finds out, I have no doubt all hell will break loose.

    Feeling overwhelmed, I look to Luke as he's trying to talk to some drunk guy who's telling him about all the coke he did the other night regardless of the fact that Luke is clearly uninterested in the conversation. I take it upon myself to wrap my hand around Luke's arm as this immediately grabs his attention as he looks at me attentively and I shoot him a small smile.

    "Wanna grab a drink?" I ask him.

    He nods his head, clearly seeming to have been waiting for me to say something along the lines so he can get away from the guy who can barely stand up on his own.

    I lead the way, keeping my hand wrapped tightly around him as he follows by my side and I contemplate checking for everyone else first. After all, I haven't seen them since we got here and I can't imagine what they've been up to.

    "Celebrities are a lot more boring than I thought," Luke says to me. "They're just frat boys on coke."

    I laugh at this considering he's not wrong. This is mainly the reason why I don't have many friends in Hollywood because none of them are interesting. All they care about doing is one-upping one another.

    "Which is why I avoid these parties," I say honestly.

    "Zac seems alright though," Luke says as we approach the bar area where all the alcohol sits.

    The counter is probably lined with thousands of dollars worth of alcohol and it seems as if it's an unlimited supply. Just looking at it practically gives me a hangover.

    "Yeah, he does," I say honestly as I've gotten a good impression off of him this far. He comes off as a lot more friendly than most and has been super cool with me.

    Luke grabs two glasses and begins to make us our drinks as I can't help but ask, "Where do you think everyone is?"

    "Probably trying to do shots with the most famous person in this house," Luke chuckles as I don't doubt it.

    "Should we try to find them?" I ask.

    "Nah," Luke says, handing me my drink. "I don't think we're drunk enough for that yet."

    I laugh to myself, bringing the glass to my lips before saying, "I don't think we're drunk enough for a lot of things yet."

    Due to the tone of my voice, I'm sure it's evident what I'm referring to, or more importantly, who I'm referring to. After all, once I heard the news that he's here it put a complete damper on my mood for the night.

    I've been trying to not let it bother me and instead, tried to enjoy myself but I can't help but look behind my shoulder seemingly every moment in anticipation that I'll bump into him.

    Especially because I know he'll go out of his way to make a scene considering he's notoriously known for doing so. Especially with Luke here, I know he's going to be extra rageful and will drunkenly take it out on someone.