twenty-seven.

"Haven, come on, they'll be here any minute!"

Eyeing myself in the mirror in pure panic, I try to decide whether I like my outfit or not. Then again, how am I supposed to know what to wear to a fraternity party?

How do I know what's too much or too little?

I settled with a long sleeve mesh bodysuit and a high waisted leather skirt. However, I'm still hesitant as to whether I should change or not.

Aspen insisted that she approved of the outfit but I wasn't sure if that was her just saying that so I'd shut up about it. Nonetheless, I guess I don't have much time to change as the guys really will be here any minute.

The outfit is cute and certainly flattering so I have that going for me. At the same time though, I don't know what all the other girls there will be wearing.

What if I look like I'm trying too hard?

My thoughts rush through my head and I try to calm myself considering I know I'm overthinking this. A part of me knows that I'm not worried about how I'll look for the party and instead, for a certain person attending the party.

It's the first look I've put a lot of effort into in a while. As a result, it clearly isn't enough because I've had second thoughts about everything I've thrown on at this point. I already know he's going to be the best-looking person in the room as it seems to come easy to him, yet, here I am having to give my absolute all in order to look decent enough.

"I see their car pulling up!" Aspen yells.

"I'm coming!" I say, applying one last layer of lipstick, my heart beginning to race at the thought.

Luke had offered to drive, letting us know he planned on being sober for the night which made a lot of questions run through my mind. I'm partly convinced he's staying sober in order to keep an eye on me which makes me feel guilty.

I don't want his night to be sacrificed on my behalf. I want him to be able to enjoy himself and not worry about me.

Yet, I'm also convinced that he'll worry regardless.

I have a lot of questions I want to ask him and a lot of conversations that I feel like need to happen. However, tonight doesn't strike me as the night to do so considering I'm sure everyone just wants to enjoy themselves.

At the same time though, I know these questions are going to bug me until I finally address them.

I just need to act like nothing's bothering me tonight. Easy enough, right?

"Have!"

"I'm coming!" I call once more, grabbing my phone off my TV stand and slipping it in my pocket before rushing out of my room. Aspen had gone downstairs to pregame and I told her I didn't want to pregame because I didn't plan on getting too drunk tonight.

If Luke's not getting drunk, I don't want to be black out and stumbling all over the place. I'd rather be sober with him and watch everyone else be black out and make a mess of themselves.

As I hurry down my steps, I catch Aspen opening the door to my place in order to direct us towards Luke's car. The thought of them all sitting in my driveway makes my heart race as I think of seeing Luke and joy taking over me completely.

"Geez, you certainly took your time for someone in particular," Aspen says, knowing damn well why it took me so long to get ready.

I just shoot her a look, shutting my door behind me and slipping out of my house. I contemplate pulling out my phone and checking my makeup once more but decide against it as there's not much more I can do at this point.