fourty-two.

Luke's POV:

The sun is strong and enough to wake me with the slightest bit of a groan as I immediately reprimand myself due to the fact that Haven's sleeping peacefully beside me.

    If the memory of last night wasn't enough of a reminder, my arm being tightly wrapped around her tiny body as we're chest to chest certainly is. Especially due to the way that she keeps her arm wrapped loosely around my stomach in order to eliminate any distance between the two of us as she's made it clear that she's just as much of a sucker when it comes to cuddling as I am.

    It's crazy to look at this girl and know that she's officially mine. If you were to tell me this two months ago, I would've probably easily bet a million dollars that it would never happen in my lifetime. Yet, here I am, holding the most incredible girl in my arms as she had slipped one leg between my two at some point during the night in order to increase the body contact between us.

    I don't know how I got here but it's certainly not worth questioning due to the fact that it's more than I could've ever asked for. I would've never even been able to dream of a life like this, yet, here I am.

    I look at her soft expression as she sleeps in such peace regardless of our hectic night. Luckily, we were able to make up for it once we got back here and turned things around for the both of us.

    After all, the side I showed last night was a side I've never seen come out of me. I'm hardly one who turns to violence considering I think it's an immature way for men to try and prove who's bigger and stronger. However, hearing Jake Thompson speak of Haven in such a way, I couldn't control myself.

    I had already had so much hatred pent up towards him and it certainly was triggered the second he started spewing ridiculous things about someone he could live a million lifetimes with and still not be worthy of.

    I can't believe he had the confidence and audacity to speak of her like that. Due to his words, I don't regret my actions in the slightest considering I would certainly do it again if deemed necessary.

    Jake Thompson is a lowlife human being who deserves a lot more than he got last night.

    I let out a deep breath, trying not to think of the events of last night as it has the potential to ruin my mood. However, I have an inkling that it's going to be a very big subject in the news today and I won't be able to avoid it even if I tried.

    Just as the thought begins to overwhelm me, I watch as Haven's nose scrunches up the slightest and her lips curve a little. My heart races in anticipation of the thought of her waking up and me being able to talk to her, as opposed to just laying here and admiring the sight of her.

    Her body stretches slightly before she tugs it closer to mine and cuddles into my chest.

    God, I wish we could stay like this forever.

    "Good morning," she says, her face pressed into the fabric of my sweatshirt that she had offered to me considering the fabric of my shirt I wore last night was nowhere near comfortable. I somehow worked up the courage to sleep in just the sweatshirt and boxers and Haven didn't seem phased at all.

    "Morning," I say back to her, my hand reaching for her hair as her head is right below my chin. I can't resist the urge to run my fingers to it as we are closer than ever in this moment and I want nothing more than to enjoy every second of it.

    "You smell good," Haven says, her voice muffled.

    This causes me to chuckle as I'm thankful I took a shower before getting into the bed. I felt gross after our show and then getting my hands all over Jake. It was one of the best showers of my life.