thirty-four.

As I get back to my place, I'm not shocked in the slightest to see everyone's cars are still here.

    In fact, I'm grateful that they stayed considering if there's anything I hate, it's being alone.

    I make my way inside and don't hear anyone but I also didn't hear anyone outside. This leads me to being confused as I wonder where they possibly all are.

    Shutting the door behind me, I'm interrupted by someone greeting me.

    "There you are."

    I look up to see Aspen in one of my bathing suits as she makes herself an alcoholic beverage.

    "Where is everyone?" I ask, looking around as I see no sign of the guys.

    My place is spotless which leads me to believe that they weren't doing much but I also wouldn't put it past them to make sure everything stayed clean.

    "Luke showed Calum the pool table."

    This makes me crack a smile as I know what that means. I'm sure they've been playing relentless games of pool and finally making good use of the expensive table.

    "I took it upon myself to go tan, hope you don't mind," she says, looking down at the tiny bathing suit.

    "Of course not," I say, setting down my purse. "I'm glad you guys made yourselves at home."

    "Luke was reluctant, he kept insisting we called you before using the table but I told him that you'd be offended if you knew he thought we had to call and ask first," she says, leaning over my island and drinking from her drink.

    This causes me to laugh considering it's the truth. I've always been a generous host and I want my friends to be aware that my home is theirs. I don't want them to feel like they need to ask before using anything or ask before getting a drink or something to eat.

    I'd much rather them help themselves.

    "How long have they been playing pool?" I ask, turning to my fridge to get a drink.

    "Too damn long."

    This makes me laugh to myself as I grab a water bottle as today was much longer than I anticipated. I'm glad it's over and I'm glad everything went well so I can sleep peacefully tonight.

    Most meetings are too stressful and I overthink every little thing that occured, resulting in a lack of sleep that I blame on myself only.

    "Luke mentioned something about your mom calling. Is everything alright?"

    I shrug my shoulders, not knowing how I feel about her unexpected call. I obviously am not pleased with her desire to come out here with Chris but I managed to take my mind off of it for most of the day.

    I had more important things to focus on other than her selfish need to bring Chris somewhere where he's clearly unwanted. After all if anyone in the world is aware of my hatred towards him, it's her.

    "She wants to come visit," I say simply, which causes Aspen's eyebrow to shoot up. "With Chris."

    Aspen gasps at this as she's just as shocked as myself. She knows that I've made it impossibly clear to my mom that I want nothing to do with him so for her to have the nerve to even suggest this is so beyond me.

    "What'd you say?"

    "I said he's not welcome," I say, as if it were easy as that.

    I don't think my mom would bring him after I made it clear that I don't want him here but the fact that she even suggested it worries me. Does she think that I can put it aside for the sake of our relationship? Does she think I'm willing to sacrifice my own sanity for her?