Iguro O.//Soulmate

Obanai Iguro x fem! reader
Soulmate au (modern)
Requested by: @roseanniiieee
It's not that much angsty but I really tried it🥺I put a fluff in the end uwu

Obanai Iguro x fem! readerSoulmate au (modern)Requested by: @roseanniiieee It's not that much angsty but I really tried it🥺I put a fluff in the end uwu

You sat on a bench in the park on a lovely spring weather. It wasn't too hot nor too cold, just perfect. The wind was relaxing and the music playing on your phone fit perfectly. But the only sad thing was, you saw only black and white. No colors sadly. It really was like your mother told you back then.
————
„You will only see the world in black and white till you find your soulmate. A person that you are destined to be with. And when you touch, you will be able to see the bright and beautiful colors my dear (Y/N)".
————
These words lingering on your mind and confused you so much. 'How are you able to find your soulmate when the world is so big and full of humans?!'
You stood up and slowly walking back to your apartment that you shared with your best friend Shinobu. She was just the best person and she never failed to make you smile again, even if it wasn't a bright one. You entered slowly and saw she was reading a book. 'Probably learning for our exam next week' you thought as she noticed your presence. „Oh hello dear! And how was the walk?". Humming you collapsed on the couch beside her. „It's totally great!! Yayy!". Shinobu barely understood what you said because your words were muffled by the pillow you laid on. „Oh not that again. Is it? You should stop bugging your head about that, it's not healthy you know!". You hugged her and went into your bedroom. Sitting down you tried to hold your tears back. 'Why can't I find the one person that should be my soulmate?'
Your sobs became louder and the tears started to flow more. „Why...I d-don't want t-to be alone..forever..".

{time skipey-one week later}

You felt so tired and not in the mood, but college couldn't be skipped. Making yourself present, eating breakfast and waiting for your roommate, you both went together. The bus did come perfectly in time and that's when you met up with Giyu. „Hey how's it going Giyu buddy?". He smiled a bit, „Well I feel good. What about you two?". Shinobu interrupts the conversation while spitting out your worries. „Well Tomioka-san I feel good too. (Y/N) here is so worried about not finding a soulmate. She doesn't stop thinking about it". Kicking her, you hid yourself from embarrassment. „I hate you Kocho". She laughed and sat down next to Giyu. As you arrived there, someone caught your eyes. It was a girl that had beautiful hair and a cute face. It was Mitsuri Kanroji. She went into another class and you barely knew her, maybe one interaction was ever you had with her. She seemed nice, but you felt something about her that was hard to tell what it was actually. A boy was walking beside her with black hair and different eye colors. Of course you couldn't tell what colors.

'This boys also in Kanroji's class, right? I've never seen him so often.'

He was good looking to you and it may be you felt attracted somehow. You wanted to speak with him but the way he looked at Mitsuri was lovingly. They surely were soulmates that needed themselves. And again you felt sad and empty. Never ever did anybody looked at you like that, not even once. Mitsuri walked with him meanwhile up to you. „Hello (Y/N), right? Nice to see you!". You waved bit ran away past her. „What is wrong with her?". Shinobu again did mentioned your situation to her and explained what was going on.
„So Shinobu-chan, your telling me she is broken and hurts herself because she thinks nobody is ever going to love her?". She nodded sadly and that made Obanai go search you. He couldn't believ you were stuck just like him. He did love Mitsuri, but it seemed she wasn't the one and only significant other. He did touch her, but his sight stayed black and white. He was very upset and didn't knew what to do.
Obanai found you crying outside in the school garden, it made his heart clench that you were sad. „Uh..you okay there?". You wiped the tears away, but your red nose and puffy eyes told him right away you weren't. 'Wow you asked such a stupid question brat! Think of something to make her calm down!!'
„G-go away!!". Hesitantly he put his hand on your arm and started to rub it in a calming manner.

That's when the both of you saw bright shining beautiful colors. Everything was stunning had it's own personality...

„Wow". You both said at the same time while still observing the new colors around. „B-but..how?". He looked confused at your answer, but it snapped when he remembered it.

'I found my soulmate...'

He smiled and hugged you, making you cry again. „I think we both found each other after being so long here and not getting it". He chuckled and made you look up at him. It didn't took long and you smiled at him lovingly, making him blush a deep shade of red.

„Well it's over now with the nerve wrecking finding each other". You finally were able to let that feeling go and find the one you needed to be with.

With that Obanai leaned slowly in, you mirroring his movements. And then his lips brushed over your soft ones, kissing you finally for the happy end. After the kiss you both headed back inside hand in hand.

Bonus:
Aww they're sooo kawaii!!! Aren't they Shinobu-chan?!". Shinobu nodded in relief. Now she wouldn't have to be annoyed by your soulmate searching..

~^~^~Author-chan~^~^~
I'm so sorry that it took me so long to finish that!!
But I hope you like it somehow, it's not so angsty and yeah.. sorry😖🥺