Chapter Three: You are Engaged to...

Hermione's POV:

"'Mione? 'Mione?" Ginny snapped her fingers in front of my face. "Are you ok?" 

"Fine!" I squeaked. "Come on. We're getting the results today and everybody else is being paired up. What will they do with the other couples who haven't been tested yet?"

"They already went. Kingsley actually came back for them and said it would be best to do it now..." Ginny trailed off. "Anyways! We gotta look good!" I laughed at her enthusiasm.

"I'm going to guess you've already picked out my outfit?" I sat up, and there was Ginny, holding an outfit. "Oh dear, should I be scared?"

"You should be thanking me that's what you should be doing!" Ginny huffed. "Now take these, they aren't the lighted things! By the way, I coordinated with Luna and the Slyther-girls,-that's my new name for them, do you like it?-and we'll all match again!"

I took the outfits from her and walked into the bathroom.  "Of course you did, Gin!" 

I looked over the outfit. It was actually..pretty nice. It was a short-sleeved, black and white plaid cami dress with a red shirt underneath. There were black leggings and black sneakers to go with it. I put on a little bit of red gloss and walked out. Ginny wore the same outfit as I, just with a golden shirt. 

"Hey!" I chuckled. "We look good!" I grabbed her hand and skipped down the stairs. I heard a whistle.

"Lookin' good there lassies!" Seamus commented. Dean walked over and kissed his cheek. 

"Not as god as us though!" Dean shook his hips a bit. "We're red carpet ready!" 

Ginny giggled. "As always, Dean!" 

Harry and Ron walked down the stairs. Both had black jeans (my god, black jeans, again!?) and Gryffindor themed shirts. Ginny hopped onto Harry's back and declared, "To the Great Hall!" Harry laughed, adjusted his hyper girlfriend, and walked out the portrait. I curtsied. 

"Bonjour, Monsieur. Shall we?" Ron laughed at my horrible French. 

"We shall, Madamoiselle!" We ran out the portrait together. 
________________________________________________________________________________

Upon entering the Great Hall, McGonagall asked for all students who weren't in their seventh year to get to class. Kingsley stepped up to the podium.

"Thank you all for being-somewhat-cooperative." There were several snickers at this remark. "One issue I forgot to address, all those in the LGBTQ+ community, we at the Ministry see and respect you. You will not be forced into a heterosexual marriage. Whether or not you produce an heir is up to you. We got the results from all the testing in. All girls, please line up on the right side of the hall." 

Kissing Ron on the cheek one last time, I made my way over to where all the other girls were standing. Ginny, Luna, the Slyther-girls, and I started gossiping at once.

"Neville's had his eyes on you for a while Luna, hopefully, you two are together!" I squealed. 

"I like Blaise...I hope I get him!" Astoria fretted.

Ginny laughed. "I'm confident that I'll get Harry. We were destined for each other!" Some girls agreed, but other girls grumbled "we'll see" and turned back to Kingsley.

"I will call up a female and she will take a sip of a potion. She will then wave her wand, and a string will connect her to her soulmate. Are we ready? We shall begin! Tracy Davis..."

I zoned out. I was starting to stress. I knew that I loved Ron, but I was scared. What if we didn't meet the requirements!?

"Lavender Brown!" Lavender walked up and sipped the potion. A bright red string flew out from her wand and connected her to-