Seventy Eight-More Than Meets the Eye

Hermione's POV:

One would have thought that people would have asked to see my 'special powers' almost immediately after finding out.

Nope.

They almost seemed offensively uninterested.

It's not like they didn't care, but it honestly seemed like they had forgotten.

To be quite honest, I do too sometimes.

Then I step into the shower.

And I scream.

L.O.U.D.L.Y.

Well that's annoying, isn't it?

Also quite painful.

God I wish I could get rid of this.

Haha! Fate definitely hates me. I can't get rid of it, trust me, I've tried getting rid of it more times than Draco has tried to strangle me in our younger years.

So basically, a lot of times.

I rub my soon-to-be bruised elbows and flop my tail, hissing at the sharp pain.

Fun. How so horribly fu-

"HERMIONE!" Draco bangs on the door repeatedly and I almost fear that he'll break it.

"Yes?" I call back, allowing my shoulders to thump back and hit the floor of the shower.

"ARE YOU ALRIGHT!" He sounds like he's ready to bombarda the door down just because I fell.

Because I have a tail.

A tail.

A mermaid tail.

Yes, Draco, I'm alright. I'm only half fish! There's nothing wrong at all.

"Perfect." I respond, giving my tail one more little flap.

Thud.

"Alright then....I'll just...go..." His voice trails off and I can't help but think he wanted to come in.

Does he want to? Nah, he probably was just concerned...only concerned...yeah, that's all.

I groan and pull myself out of the shower, rolling over the edge of the tub and landing on the perfectly marbled floor with a thump.

I steam dry my tail, wincing at the hot, pricking sensation. It felt like I was burning my scales off, and in a way I am actually doing so, but hey! IT got me my legs back.

Legs...hm...you know who has nice legs? Draco...

My legs replace my tail with a slight 'pop' while I sigh in relief, feeling blessed about the fact that the steam dry exists.

"HURRY UP! I HAVE TO DO MY HAIR!" Draco yells.

I giggle. "What a husband."

"I HEARD THAT!"

"Dammit!"

"Language!"
________________________________________________________________________________

The fire crackles in the fireplace of the library, emitting a soft orange glow on our table. Draco and I are reading up on how to become good parents, though he often tells me that he thinks I'll be a natural.

I really am not ready for this, but my parents had been wonderful to me so I'm sure they can give me pointers.

Even if he won't admit it, I can tell Draco's nervous. His parents loved him, yes, but they had an odd way of showing it, especially when Voldemort was in their manor.