Chapter 18: Planning A Date with Viktor Krum

Hermione's POV:

I squealed with joy as Viktor Krum walked in.

"VIKTOR!" I shrieked, running over to him and hugging him. "Oh, it's been so long!"

He hugged me back. "How are you, Hermione!? I'm sure you know Daphne," He grabbed her hand and kissed it. Daphne's cheeks turned a soft pink.

"Hi everyone!" She exclaimed. "How are you all doing!? Who's marrying who and whatnot!" I led them to our couches and offered them some cookies.

"Baked just this morning!" I stated proudly.

Harry cleared his throat. "Viktor, nice to see you again!" Harry took Viktor's hand and smiled. "How's practice doing?"

Viktor let out a hearty laugh. "We're doing very well. We'll beat the Cannons for sure!"

I heard Ron snort in the background. "The cannons are the best!"

Viktor shook his head. "They have a good keeper, but one of their chasers got injured. A replacement had to take their place so they aren't as coordinated."

Blaise gasped. "No! Not the cannons!" Blaise rushed over and knelt in front of Viktor. "Do tell me more!"

"I think," Draco cut in. "That I should be properly introduced?" He glared at me. "Hermione? Do the honors please?"

I nodded. "Of course! Viktor," I turned to Viktor. "This is Draco Malfoy," I grabbed Draco's arm and pulled this forward. "He's my match!"

Viktor and Daphne's jaw dropped. "No..." Daphne muttered. "No way! That's crazy, but congrats!"

Viktor put his arm around Daphne as he creased his brows. "That was definitely...unexpected."

"Trust me, we all thought the same thing when it first happened!" Ginny laughed. "It was so surprising!"

Viktor nodded. "I can imagine."

Draco put his arm around my waist. I recoiled at his touch. What's he playing at? I thought. How dare he do this when I have a guest over! Especially when it's the Bulgarian Seeker!

"Hermione and I are going on a date later today, at the Three Broomsticks. You are welcome to join if you'd like?" Draco tightened his grip on my waist and I almost gasped. Jesus! Prove your strength in a way that's not suffocating me!

Daphne brightened. "That sounds lovely! Viktor, can we go?" Daphne looked into Viktor's eyes and he melted. Draco tightened his grip around my waist, again! JESUS! YOU AREN'T A CORSET MALFOY! I screamed in my head.

"Of course, darling!" He kissed the top of her head as he stood up. "I have to send an owl, telling my coach that I'll be here a little longer than expected. He won't mind, I'm sure of it. Let's go, Daphne, darling." Viktor took one last cookie before heading towards the portrait. "The cookies are as delicious as ever, Hermione." He gave me a sly wink, putting his arm around Daphne's shoulders and walking out.

"Delicious as ever?" Draco growled. "What did you do with that guy!"

I gulped, suddenly becoming a bit scared. "If I told you...you wouldn't like it!" I squeaked.

Draco moved from beside me to in front of me, death-gripping my wrists. "What. Did. You. Do."

I let out a small yelp. Ginny wrenched me from his grip-thank goodness she was so strong, I should stop telling her to get off the Quidditch pitch-and growled at Draco. "That's enough, Mister. Calm yourself and when you're ready to talk like a civil person, you can come back." She pointed towards the open portrait. "Out."