35: Heart Break

Astoria's POV:

Whoa.

I think I just saw Draco and Hermione...kissing.

I gasp in shock, but quickly scamper back to the common room.

YES! That means that they're in love!

I squeal and leap into the common room, apparently interrupting something they were doing on the Xbox. Everybody stares at me.

"They kissed!" I squeal in delight. "They're happy!"

The girls whoop and cheer and the guys just sit there like oblivious pigs. I huff.

"It means that their relationship is getting better." Luna offered.

"Ohhh!" The guys chorused. I rolled my eyes. What idiots!
________________________________________________________________________________

Hermione and Draco came walking in about half an hour later, both looking a little deflated. Hermione grumbles something about 'boys can't make a bloody decision', and walks up to her room.

Ginny and I fly up the stairs, taking two at a time and catch up with Hermione. She opens the door and lets us in, waiting for our other friends.

We all take a seat on her rather large bed, and wait for her to compose herself.

She doesn't.

She flops on the bed in between all of us and starts wailing about how Draco can't make a decision for his bloody life.

"H-he kissed me then we t-talked a-and he-" Hermione shoved her face deeper into the blankets.

"YOU RUDDY IDIOT!" I hear Blaise screech. I snort, he was definitely right.

"H-he s-said that we were b-better off as f-friends!" Hermione howls.

I realize that I have not been listening, and I instantly feel guilty.

"Oh Hermione," Lavender cooes. "It will be alright."

She vigorously shakes her head. "N-no it wo-won't be!"

SLAM!

I rub Hermione's back as Harry walks in and drags Ginny off the bed. She yelps but scampers after him.

I start to play with Hermione's hair, soothing her, while they exchange hushed and harsh whispers, then Harry leaves. Ginny walks back over to the bed.

"What was that?" I ask her.

Ginny just nods and addresses Hermione. "Harry said that he's moving my stuff in here and Draco's going with him so you won't have to see him."

Pansy perks up. "Could we just all stay here then?"

Luna giggles. "It would be a girls night every night!"

Hermione sits up and looks around. "I guess..."

I lean over and hug Hermione. "If it's okay with you, then we'd love to do it."

When Hermione sees everybody staring at her with pleading eyes, she agrees. "Get your stuff, I'm having a bath." Hermione walks into her bathroom and starts the tap.

I silently slink out of her room, I had to know what Draco did.

Speak of the devil and he shall arrive. I roll my eyes as Draco tries to get in.

"She's having a bath," I snarl at him.

He looks down, pained, and tells me, "I'm only getting my things."