Chapter 10- Celebration Part 1

Harry's POV:

I know that 'Mione missed her parents. She had obliviated them before the war so they would be safe. She pretended to be ok, but I knew she was going to miss them.

I fiddled with the small box in my hands. With Headmistress McGonagall's permission, I was allowed to go to the muggle world during a Hogsmeade trip to buy her this.

I flipped the iPhone box over again. To wrap or not to wrap...I pondered. I will wrap it. She's always liked stuff to be neat like that. "GINNY, LOVE!" I called. I looked down at the box again. Is she even going to like it?

Ginny came flouncing into the room a minute later. "Yes, Harry?" She swept by the bed where I was sitting and planted a kiss at the corner of my mouth. I smiled. 

"Could you..." I scratched the back of my neck. "Help me...wrap this?"

Ginny laughed. God, I loved her laugh. It was a sweet melodious tone that rang out and echoed in your ears until you too, were beaming. "You really need help wrapping a present?" She snorted. "Didn't know that the Boy-Who-Lived was also the Boy-Who-Couldn't-Wrap-Presents!"

I looked down in embarrassment and mumbled, "Thanks, love." I grabbed the wrapping paper from a bin of party supplies and tried to wrap it. I heard Ginny laugh again. I turned around and she was holding a pair of scissors. "Whoa!" I exclaimed.

She smiled at me. "You need scissors to cut the paper, do you not?" She turned around, grabbed something, then faced me again. "And tape, as well as a bow."

She sat next to me. "Let me see the box," she requested. I handed it over to her. She giggled. "You've really never done this?"

I thought about all the holidays on Privet and murmured, "Nope." I popped the 'p'.  

Ginny sighed. "This might take a while." She unrolled the wrapping paper and started to wrap the present. She then unwrapped it.

"What'd you do that for?" I questioned. "What's the point of wrapping it then unwrapping it!?" 

Ginny giggled. "To find out how much paper to use, silly!" She set the roll of wrapping paper on the floor. "Now, wrap it around tightly..."
________________________________________________________________________________

I took the box in my hand and smiled. It was now wrapped in a gold paper and had a perfectly tied red ribbon on top. I smiled. "Thanks, love." I set the box down and hugged my fiance/girlfriend. I nestled my face in her long, silky red hair. I inhaled. She smelled like coconut shampoo and-

"Harry, you know, I really love you, but sometimes you can be so...daft!" Ginny extended her arms so I was now hugging her waist as she leaned back a bit.  "I have some last-minute things to do, please keep 'Mione busy!" 

I nodded. "Will do." She was about to leave when I grabbed her waist. "Uh-uh, where do you think you're going, missy?"

"Somewhere...far away from...you!" She joked.

"Not until I thank you for helping me..." I leaned in and planted a small kiss on her lips. She smiled and pulled me closer. I tutted. "What about those party preparations?"

She pouted a bit before brightening up. "Don't think I've forgotten about this, Mr. Potter!" 

I raised a hand up to my lips, "Wouldn't dream of it..." I whispered. Even after every kiss we'd shared, I still felt the spark. It consumed me and made me want more each time. 

I shook my head, grabbed a couple of CDs and a radio then headed over to Draco and Hermione's room. Hermione was still sleeping, but Draco was on his way out. I nodded at him. "Morning, Draco."