Chapter 12: Celebration Part 3/First Kiss!

Draco's POV:

I hear a loud chatter and a couple of clangs. 

I looked up at the stairs to see Hermione's arms looped through my mother's and Weaselettes. She looks stunning, I thought. But it was true. The dress hugged her curves and made me wonder why she constantly wore baggy clothes. She had a great body. Realizing what I had just thought about, I blushed. Stop it! Malfoys don't blush! Stop! I straightened my tie and walked up to her.

"You look beautiful, Granger," I complimented her, offering my hand. A faint blush appeared on her cheeks as she took my hand. She mumbled, "thanks," under her breath. "Come on now, we can't be late." I tutted. "I rented out the Three Broomsticks for the night."

Her jaw dropped. "What!-I didn't know-You didn't have to-" She spluttered. I kind of zoned out a bit. She looked beautiful, like a goddess. She was positively glowing and I almost wondered if it was that "pregnancy glow". I quickly scrapped the idea. There's no way that would happen! 

I put my finger on her lips. I was about to tell her to shut up and just get going already so we wouldn't be late, but I remembered that my mother was there. I cleared my throat. "Malfoys get the best. Since you're going to be one...why not start now?" I looked at my mother quickly. Oh god if I mess up more she'll kill me! She nodded, smiling in approval. My eyes flitted back to Grangers. She was blushingly madly at this point but squeaked, "Ok!". 

I walked to the portrait and held it open. The girl in the portrait eyed Granger before saying, "You look beautiful, Hermione! Happy Birthday, and have fun!" 

"Thank you, Cora, I will!" Granger blew a joking kiss at the girl and skipped down the hall. I looked between the girl in the portrait, apparently named Cora, and Granger. 

"Shut your mouth, you'll catch flies!" Cora joked. I shut my mouth and looked down the hall. Granger was still skipping away with her friends. My mother came up behind me and gave me a little push. I nodded at Cora before walking towards Granger.

"You know, Draco," My mother spoke. "She's a really nice girl."

I gazed at the skipping girl ahead of me. She started to skip down the stairs and slipped. I was about to rush forward, but Saint Potter...er...Saint Harry caught her. Ginny laughed so hard that she too slipped and once again, Harry caught the bumbling girl. "I just feel like she deserves much more mother. Look at me," I rolled up my sleeve to reveal the Dark Mark. "I'm a Death Eater!  She's the Golden Girl, 1/3 of the Golden Trio. I really don't know why she wasn't placed with Weasley. She deserves better than me." I sighed as Granger started sliding down the railing. "I've tormented her for years and...what if I hurt her?" I pleadingly looked into my mother's eyes.

She smiled and gave me a one-sided hug. "Of course, but, Draco," My mother spoke softly. "She may be your overall opposite, but there are so many things you two have in common. Your both top students. You both have secrets that you hide because you were both broken during the war. Maybe that's why you were placed together, to fix each other." I looked at her skeptically. "I was talking to her earlier and she said that she could love you one day." I snapped my head up to look at her.

"Really?" I asked, a bit confused.

"Really," She confirmed. She gripped my arm and stopped. "Draco, do you think you could love her?" I swallowed. Could I love her? She was perfect in every way, at least, that's how it seemed. I had never met a girl like her. I looked up at my mother and whispered, "I think so..."
________________________________________________________________________________

Theo's POV:

I walked into the Three Broomsticks and found Pansy adjusting decorations. I sidled up to her. "Hello, Mrs. Future Nott!" Pansy blushed a bit and stepped down. "You look wonderful!"