Chapter 49: A Home Full of Heartbreak

Hermione's POV:

After a long train ride, we finally arrived at the platform, platform 9 ¾ that is!

Well, the ride wasn't necessarily long in the way I was bored, it just took a while, and I was excited to see Molly and Arthur!

We had talked and played games for the entire ride, laughing at each other's answers or lack thereof.

I step off the train with my trunks and look around.

"Home," I breathe, taking in every little detail. The exact angle the light hit the bricks, the way the wheels of the train fit perfectly into the rails. Everything was...amazing. It was breathtaking.

"Not quite yet," Draco mutters from beside me. I awkwardly scoot a bit away from him, knowing that he wanted to only be friends.

But what about me? I scream silently. What about what I want?

"Kids!" Molly rushes over and gives Ginny, Ron, Harry, Neville, Lavender, Luna and I a big, motherly hug. She looks over at our Slytherin friends, who awkwardly stand to the side.

"Come now, you're family too!" She beckons them over. Astoria and Pansy beam and rush over, enjoying the comfort of Molly's arms.

"Mrs. Weasley," The boys chorus, each taking their turn to kneel and kiss her hand.

Molly scoffs. "No need to be formal now, dears." She gives them a hug too, and Arthur joins us.

"Papa!" Harry, Ginny, Ron and I yell together. We run over to him and crush him in our arms. Even if Molly and Arthur weren't my biological parents, they were still the people who had raised me throughout my years in Hogwarts.

In my eyes, they were my parents.

"Kids!" Aruthur exclaims, moving to hug all of us.

"Now, I've cooked everything at home so let's get going!" Molly ushers us over to Arthur's flying car, fit with an extension charm to fit all fourteen of us.

"YES! I'm starving!" Ron yips happily, rubbing his stomach.

Lavender looks at him from the sides of her eyes. "You just ate not ten minutes ago!"

Ron nods. "Exactly!"

I laugh and leap into the car, right between Astoria and Theo. "This...is going to be interesting."
________________________________________________________________________________

"Whoa..." Pansy says under her breath. "It's so..." She furrows her eyebrow, looking for the right word.

The Burrow, now proudly rebuilt, stood tall and wide. It was about twice the size it was last time, so the size of an average home in America. It looked just as it did last time, perfectly imperfect.

Molly flushes a bit. "I know it's not much, but it's-"

"Wonderful!" Astoria exclaims. Molly turns to her in surprise. "It's absolutely wonderful! It's so...homey!"

Arthur laughs. "That's right. It's homey. Welcome all, to...The Burrow!" He opens the door to reveal a large dining table with a lot of places set.

"Come now, eat. Eat!" Molly shoves us all into chairs and starts to serve us.

Molly starts plopping the potatoes on everybody's plates, and the Slytherins all look confused.

"Oh!" Theo gasps. "Why thank you Missus but I can-"

"Theo!" Pansy elbows him and smiles up at Molly as she puts a scoop of mashed potatoes onto her plate. "Thank you, Mrs. Weasley!"