4. Number Five of Fifty

Previously:

Max turned around and smiled at us.

"Congratulations you're definitely going to be parents."

"Edward?" a woman's voice asked from the corner of the room. Edward and Max's heads shot up.

"Mom?"

"Esme?"

Chapter Four.

"Mom what are you doing here?" Edward asked standing up.

"Visiting your father and your uncle, I think the better question is what are you doing here?" she asked looking between Edward and I. My hands automatically went to my stomach; it was like a reflex reaction.

After a moment of silence I stood forward. "It's nice to meet you Mrs. Cullen, my name is Isabella Swan. I'm your son's girlfriend." I said extending my hand for the second time today.

"Well it's nice to meet you Isabella, please call me Esme. If what I heard is true than your part of my family now." She said taking my hand.

"Then please call me Bella." I said smiling at her. She seemed really nice, if slightly shocked. I turned to look at Edward and then my watch. "Max are we finished I have to call my brother?" I asked.

"Um yes, just schedule a follow appointment with Tanya, nice to meet you Bella." He said sounding nervous, I say it was about the situation in front of him.

"I will." I said to him "I'll call you later." I said to Edward kissing him on the lips, before turning back to Esme.

"I am so sorry to rush out, but my brother will panic if I don't call him. It was nice to meet you." I said.

"Of course dear, we'll have lunch sometime." She said before I walked out of the doctor's surgery. I pulled out my phone and saw I had seven missed calls, wow I'm loved. As I walked by Tanya's desk she waved me over.

"How bad is it in there, I completely spaced out." She said apologetically.

"Not too bad, Esme is lovely. I can't say about him though. Can you schedule a follow up and call me with the date?" I asked politely.

"Of course I got your number on the forms. Congratulations Bella." She said before returning to her screen. I waved before leaving the doctors surgery, as I walked out of the door I walked into a man in a doctor's lab coat, with blonde hair.

"God I'm such a klutz." I muttered straightening myself up.

"Bella Swan?" asked the blonde doctor, I looked up and saw his face.

"Dr. Carlisle?" I asked shocked.

"Still falling I see."

"Yeah I really have to stop that." I mumbled.

"I'm sorry I can't stay and chat but I think we're having a family emergency inside." He said looking in the door.

"Really?" I asked how many could be going on in one place.

"Yeah, my wife Esme just called me." He said running his hands through his hair. Once again I found myself thanking God I wasn't eating or I would've choked.

"Oh well I let you get going then." I said trying to get away, how the hell did I not realise Carlisle had kids.

"Um yes, it was nice to see you Bella, try not to fall again." He said before walking into the surgery.

I just nodded before turning to leave. I began to dial Emmett's number when I saw an incoming call from Edward.

"Well isn't the statue who looks a lot like my boyfriend." I said answering the phone.