14. Progress

Edward and I stayed up for hours that night just talking; the occasional kiss; just being with each other.

"So are you going to tell me about your dream?" Edward asked his fingers tracing light circles in my arms.

"The one from last night?" I asked sitting up a little.

"Yeah," He said scooting back on the bed so he could sit up too "Unless you don't want to."

"Oh, I do." I said pulling the hair out of my face "I was in this great big white room..." I began only to be interrupted.

"Why is it always a big white room?" Edward mused out loud.

"Not quite sure." I said shrugging "But I was by myself and I started getting worried, I couldn't find you and when I reached down towards my stomach it was all flat, which of course freaked me out entirely."

He nodded to let me know I still had his full attention.

"So I heard this voice starting to call my name and there was my Mom, but she looked like she did when I was younger, healthy, practically glowing. I asked her why I wasn't pregnant and what had happened to my baby. She told me not to worry that everything was fine, he was fine."

"He?" Edward asked leaning forward.

"The baby." I explained "She then pointed off to her right and then I looked over and saw you standing there with the biggest grin ever on your face and you were holding a little blue bundle in your arms, Mom brought me over to you and you placed the bundle in my arms and I saw the most beautiful baby boy ever."

"And then what happened?" he asked.

"Mom told me not to let my old insecurities get me down and that you and that little baby were my future, she also told me to listen to my father which made us both laugh. And then it ended." I said.

"That's some dream." Edward said. "Is that why you what to find out the sex of the baby?"

"Yes, it's killing me I need to know, how about you?" I asked.

"Well you've piqued my curiosity, seeing as your subconscious thinks we're having a boy." He said smirking.

"So can we find out?" I asked practically giddy.

"Yes." He said, I squealed before wrapping my arms around him. "So are you going to listen to your Mom now?"

I knew what he meant straight away "Yes, I am. But I am allowed to let some things get to me for the next four months or so."

"Yeah okay." He said before catching my lips with his.

"Come on Love." I heard Edward say as he gently shook me "Time to get up."

"No." I whined "I don't want to."

"I know neither do I but remember we get to see the baby today." Edward said.

I hesitantly opened one eye and used it to glare at him "You don't play fair Cullen."

"Never said I did Swan now get up." He said before playfully smacking me on the ass. I jumped a little before getting out of bed, the get pay back I purposefully left the sheet which had been covering me on the bed. "You don't play either."

"Never said I did." I smirked before shutting the bathroom door.

Twenty minutes later I was ready and walking out the door. I then realised something. I looked around suspicious of my surroundings.

"What's wrong Love?" Edward asked noticing my change in stance.

"Neither Alice or Jacob has pounced yet and I know they know I'm back because Rose would've told them, I just being aware." I said quickly turning around to see Jacob lunging towards me. "You see." I said to Edward as Jacob crushed me in a hug. "Watch the baby." I said hitting his arm.