41. Fuming for AIADP

"Lesley your Mommy is here." Edward called as I helped the little girl get dressed.

"You ready to see Mommy?" I asked her and she nodded. I lifted her into my arms before carrying her downstairs. As I did I saw Heidi's face as she stood in the doorway. It looked like she had a bruise she was covering with makeup. What had happened last night?

"Mommy!" Lesley squealed as she ran to Heidi who picked her up and clung to her.

"Bella Love I've got to get to work but call me later." Edward said kissing my temple and I nodded.

"Love you." I said handing him his jacket.

"Love you too. Bye Lesley, Heidi."

"Bye Mr. Edward." Lesley said waving and I smiled. Once he was gone though the smile faded from my face.

"Lesley Honey, will you do me a big favour and watch Annabelle and Eddie in the front room. Mommy and I need to have grownup talk." I said and Lesley nodded before skipping into the living. Once the door clicked shut and I had the baby monitor on I asked "What happened?"

"I got the confession." She stated handing me a tape recorder.

"And one heck of a bruise." I said as I led her into the kitchen. I handed her a cloth and she began wiping the layers of makeup from her face. I saw how giant the bruise actually was once she was done and handed her a bag of peas from the freezer. "How did that happen?"

"As I said Felix is a bit of an oaf. He gets rough." She said.

"You slept with him?" I asked.

"Bella how else was I going to get the damn confession? It's nothing I haven't done before and it's nothing you need to worry over." She said waving her hand in front of her face.

"Like hell I don't. Heidi what you did was really dangerous."

"Not as dangerous as it will be for Lesley if Blake gets back out on the street and finds out about her. A bruise is nothing compared to what he could do to her." She said.

"What?" Edward's voice echoed in the room and I felt like slapping my head off the table.

"I thought you were gone to work." I said lamely.

"Obviously. I forgot my phone." He said putting his briefcase on the table and shrugging off my coat. "One of you better start talking or you know what I will call Jenks and we'll how much time we could all get for withholding information."

"It's not like that." Heidi began but I shook my head.

"Edward I didn't know until the other day, now stop being a child." I hissed.

"I just found out my wife is keeping stuff from me, I can feel and be whatever way I want Bella." He snapped.

"See this was why I told you, you should've told him." Heidi said and I glared at her.

"This was your plan Heidi; I was just the freaking baby sitter."

"I got the confession didn't I?"

"Yeah but now Edward's all pissed." I snapped.

"Both of you better stop talking like I'm not here or I'm going to explode." Edward hissed and I sighed.

"Lesley is Blake's daughter and Heidi had information that could get Blake way more time and get Emmett off the hook." I said and Edward looked at me with the look that said 'You're going to hate what comes out of my mouth next'

"So you put your ass on the line for Emmett. Again."

"No I baby sat a child while Heidi risked her safety protecting her child and our family. The fact that it may get my brother out of jail for something we both know he didn't do so he can at least try to reconcile with his wife before the birth of his second child is just an added bonus Edward."